Windows 10: Product Key Swapping

Discus and support Product Key Swapping in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i own two laptops. One, is currently broken and has a windows 10 pro product key sticker from the place where it was refurbished. Recently, i got a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MansonChan2, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Product Key Swapping

i own two laptops. One, is currently broken and has a windows 10 pro product key sticker from the place where it was refurbished. Recently, i got a new laptop to replace the broke laptop which we will say is Laptop A. The new laptop shall be Laptop B as a codename. Is there a way to swap product keys with one laptop unusable?

:)

MansonChan2, Dec 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Product key swap

Hi,

Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant
    for months now (though I always update it regularly), and I want my Dell to have Pro instead of Home. What steps do I need to take to make this happen/possible?

Thank you!

Andree Ajawaila, Dec 18, 2019
  3. shar013 Win User
    Swap product keys between machines

I have a now deceased PC with Windows 10 Pro and a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. In the process of moving all my files to the new machine, the power supply of the old machine blew up. I'd like to swap the product keys and eventually resurrect the old
    one. Is this easily done (the swapping I mean)?

shar013, Dec 18, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Product Key Swapping

Windows 10 Product key swap

Hi Andre

You can only swap over those licences, if both licences are Retail licences (purchased separately to the PC's), if those licences came pre-installed on those PC's, they do not have transfer rights

If those are retail licences, upgrading the Home SL to Pro will be easy, you can use a generic Pro key, however, downgrading the Pro licence to Home SL will require a full clean install of Windows Home SL

If those licences are retail licences, please let me know and we can go through the steps to swap those over . . .

DaveM121, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Product Key Swapping

1. Product Key Swapping - Similar Threads - Product Key Swapping

2. windows keys swapped

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keys swapped: I was struggling with this on and off and finally found this relevant thread, but it's locked: Keyboard keys swapped - Microsoft CommunityLike this user, I was running into something like "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w"...
  3. Keyboard keys swapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys swapped: Hello, while I was on Roblox on my windows 10 computer I accidentally pressed a key and now the keys are swapped with each other randomly, "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w" and "w" is now "z"; and so on with random keys even...
  4. Keyboard keys swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys swapped: Hello, while I was on Roblox on my windows 10 computer I accidentally pressed a key and now the keys are swapped with each other randomly, "a" is now "q", and "q" is now "a"; "m" is now "," and ";" is now "m"; "z" is now "w" and "w" is now "z"; and so on with random keys even...
  5. Swapping keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping keys: This problem seems almost bizarre. Since I installed a wireless mouse and re-paired my keyboard and mouse I've found that highlighting a single file within a folder and clicking ATL+A to select all the files in the list no longer works. Today I discovered that the function...
  6. Swapping the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping the product key: I have two laptops one that was bought recently, laptop 1, has windows 10 home, and another laptop, laptop 2, with windows 10 pro, which is old. Laptop 2 is not my main work station but laptop 1 is. So I wish to have pro in my laptop 1 and home in laptop 2. Can I just swap...
  7. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices: Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice? I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Edition 64 Bit I have a Desktop running Win 10 64Bit Home Edition - Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit The...
  8. Keyboard keys swapping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys swapping: My keyboard keys have swapped and I have no idea how to fix this, for example when I press a it turns up the volume, when I press q it turns up brightness and many more problems. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Please help submitted by /u/EllGordo [link]...
  9. Windows 10 Product key swap

Windows 10 Product key swap: Hi, Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant for months...
  10. Swap Windows 10 product keys

Swap Windows 10 product keys: I purchased a new desktop with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old desktop has Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the product keys and if so, how? Both are licensed and activated and I am the original and only owner....