Windows 10: Product key Validation

Discus and support Product key Validation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sallad2, Aug 30, 2020.

1. sallad2 Win User

Product key Validation

Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC would a message come up Now? as been over 4 - 5 months I`ve had in my possession &was acquired from our PC repair shop as 2nd hand machine??, am thinking that this is a Virus waiting to be opened.. PLease can anyone help me as this is urgent

:)

sallad2, Aug 30, 2020

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Aug 30, 2020
  3. windows 10 says it can't validate product key

When I upgraded my windows 7 with win10, it says it cant validate my product key? Why? Can you give me the steps to follow to validate it?

aphrodite.soft, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Product key Validation

product key valid?

f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid?

sebulimelimex, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Product key Validation

1. Product key Validation - Similar Threads - Product key Validation

2. Checking product key validity in advance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking product key validity in advance: I bought Win10 Home for the Family back in 2016. It is on a thumb drive and had 3 activations on it when new. I do not know if the last installation was ever used. I would like to try using it to install Windows on a new machine I am building but want to know how big a mess...
  3. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  4. How to check product key is valid

How to check product key is valid: Hello, bought product keys years ago but unsure which ones are live, is there a quick way to check this? As I don't want to make purchases that would lead me to having to make more....
  5. Windows product key validation

Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...
  6. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  7. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...
  8. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  9. Setup failed to validate the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup failed to validate the product key: I am trying to upgrade windows 7 premium to windows 10. when I run setup I get the message: Setup failed to validate the product key. I have run the troubleshooter and get the following error message: windows update error 0x800F081 any help greatly appreciated......
  10. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key': W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall. Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint,...