Windows 10: Product key W7 to W10

Discus and support Product key W7 to W10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a laptop with Windows 7, change it for free to windows 10 when there was the chance. My laptop broke and I only have the number key that was in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Macarena Duro, May 13, 2022.

1. Product key W7 to W10

I had a laptop with Windows 7, change it for free to windows 10 when there was the chance. My laptop broke and I only have the number key that was in the back of it, the windows 7 key. There is any way to know if that key is available for another PC? Or maybe if I buy a new PC and put that key will work?

:)

Macarena Duro, May 13, 2022

2. W7 to W10 product key rules after HDD failure

Hiya. For my living I go to peoples houses and fix their technology.

4 times in July I attended customers with HDD failures (after W7 to W10 upgrades) where the only way forward was full W10 clean install on new SSD.

In all 4 cases the customers original W7 product key failed W10 validation (aren't the upgraded one's remembered?). anyway ....

Forums I read said the only official recovery path was W7 clean install followed by W10 free upgrade.

My questions is, now the W10 free upgrade option has expired, what do I tell my customers with HDD failure after W7 to W10 free upgrade?

Could someone help me with a link to where the rules are clearly and simply explained please?

Cheers

Jon

ScousePower, May 13, 2022
  3. Davidt99 Win User
    W7 to W10 retail version product keys.

Hi forum members. I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on a problem I have identifying which W10 Pro upgrades I can reuse.

I used to have a number of Windows7 PC's with retail Pro licenses which have now been dismantled. I had taken advantage of the free Windows10 Pro upgrade a few years ago and had a thought to reuse the W7 product keys to give me a W10 Pro license on a PC (currently running WHS2011) but I can't remember which W7 product keys I upgraded! Is there anyway to find out which product keys are still valid/usable and which OS they are valid for.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Davidt99, May 13, 2022
  4. Product key W7 to W10

W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-access-shared-folder-windows
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Product key W7 to W10

1. Product key W7 to W10 - Similar Threads - Product key W10

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. Product key W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key W7 to W10: I had a laptop with Windows 7, change it for free to windows 10 when there was the chance. My laptop broke and I only have the number key that was in the back of it, the windows 7 key. There is any way to know if that key is available for another PC? Or maybe if I buy a new...
  5. Product key W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key W7 to W10: I had a laptop with Windows 7, change it for free to windows 10 when there was the chance. My laptop broke and I only have the number key that was in the back of it, the windows 7 key. There is any way to know if that key is available for another PC? Or maybe if I buy a new...
  6. W7 to W10 retail version product keys.

W7 to W10 retail version product keys.: Hi forum members. I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on a problem I have identifying which W10 Pro upgrades I can reuse. I used to have a number of Windows7 PC's with retail Pro licenses which have now been dismantled. I had taken advantage of the free Windows10...
  7. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?

Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?: Hello, I was sure I would be able to use W7 Pro OEM key I have spare to upgrade my W10 Home to Pro (preinstalled OEM OA), but when I try to change product key in Settings> Updates> Activation, the W7 key is refused with 0x004f210 error. Did I misunderstood the process or is...
  10. W10 activation with W7 product Key(approperiate way of installation)

W10 activation with W7 product Key(approperiate way of installation): Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy SSD drive to my laptop, and i would like to know what is the easiest way of upgrading to new W10. The question is whether: 1. Can i do clean installation of Windows 10 disk when it comes out and activate it with windows 7 Home premium OA...