Windows 10: Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive

Discus and support Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear community, I have severe issues because of the chkdsk bug in KB4592438 and thus likely need to do a clean install from a USB stick as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by exceluser_123, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive

Dear community,

I have severe issues because of the chkdsk bug in KB4592438 and thus likely need to do a clean install from a USB stick as outlinedhere. However, I am unsure how the activation code will work. I bought the Lenovo Yoga C940 with preinstalled Windows 10 I think Pro. I thus never cared about the activation code until this issue occurred. Will the activation code be stored on the computer so that I do not need to worry about it when doing the clean install? Or can I do something on the command line to get my activation code?

Thank you for your help!

:)

exceluser_123, Jan 20, 2021

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Rado D Win User
    Finding the Windows Vista product key

Allright,I've tried the Hirens BootCD on USB drive and it works like charms.unfortunately,none of the utilities included on it helped me to recover the vista product key..but thats not important anymore,cos I just did a fresh install in the end..everything works fine,but a new issue arise.
    DVD drive not recognized in my computer under Vista
    tried few things but no results..what do you suggest guys?

Rado D, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive

Finding the Windows Vista product key

It doesn't recognize the drive with a disk inserted? I know my systems will not show the cd/dvd drive in "my computer" unless they have disks in the drive.

stinger608, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive

1. Product key when resetting PC with fresh installation from USB drive - Similar Threads - Product key resetting

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  4. infinite boot loop when fresh installing windows from a usb

infinite boot loop when fresh installing windows from a usb: I just built a new pc and was trying to install windows form a usb, i get through the setup and get to where I select a language, keyboard, etc. At that point the computer restarts and takes me back to the select language screen. I can enter bios and it does not restart. How...
  5. Resetting PC with USB drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC with USB drive.: Hey, so recently i opened malicious file. It corrupted alot of windows files, that are needed for windows to work. When i try to reset my PC. It says something has gone wrong. I made a system restore point before I used the software. And it has got deleted on my system after...
  6. Resetting my PC and Windows Product Key

Resetting my PC and Windows Product Key: I was thinking of resetting my PC through the PC reset option on Windows 10, but I don't know if my windows product key will stay activated for windows if I reset it. Does anyone know if it removes my activation to windows when I reset it? I also don't know what my product...
  7. Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key: My SSD failed. So I'm Doing a fresh install on a new drive. I lost my product key though, Would I be able to get it from my windows account somehow? It was a custom build. Windows 10 key was NOT OEM, it was a normal key purchased with a USB stick. submitted by /u/Fizgriz...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key

Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key: I had a copy of Windows 10 and after recent update to 1903 my PC stopper working - BSOD was happening a lot to the point I could not use the PC. Now Windows has failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10...
  9. Fresh Install or Reset PC?

Fresh Install or Reset PC?: When you select Recovery option the Reset PC it gives the option to 'Remove Everything' so Is a Fresh Install the same as using the Reset Pc function? There is also an Advanced startup option. I want to start completely fresh and do a clean install but really not sure which...
  10. "Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install

"Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install: Hi all. Was running Win 7 Home Basic; upgraded using to Win 10 but performance was poor. So, attempted to use the Settings tool to "Reset" without keeping my files. The reset got stuck at 66% (how ominous) and then informed me that the reset failed and the pc shut down....