Windows 10: Product key without Microsoft account?

Discus and support Product key without Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yogalD, Aug 2, 2015.

1. yogalD Win User

Product key without Microsoft account?

I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows, will this be a problem when I reinstall in the future?

:)

yogalD, Aug 2, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

Downgrade without product key

If it is Windows 7 then there should be a OEM CoA label on the back of the case. A keyfinder tool may identify a license key allocated to Internet Explorer which should be the original Windows Activation key but knowing that is basically useless.

When HP and other manufacturers build system they use an allocated key that is the same on all their computers with a particular version of Windows so for example HP's key for 7 Home Premium ends in -3Q6C9, Pro is 6P6GT. This key ONLY works on the factory
    build image, you cannot use it for disk based installs,

Far more fundamental is your USB problem. There is no way Windows setup should turn off the USB ports and may be indicative of a problem that needs to be investigated given the system keeps freezing. You have no way of knowing if it wouldn't do the same
    from a Windows 7 setup.

Yes you paid for the Windows 7 when you bought the computer but it would have advised you to make the recovery disks when the computer was new. That would have protected your investment.

HairyFool, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Downgrade without product key

My only problem with Win OS 10 is my desktop keeps freezing up on me. I own an HP without ps/2 ports so i cannot reinstall it because when I'm prompted to select a keyboard layout all my serial busses lose power. I would appreciate if somebody could just
    help me recover the productkey to my original build considering it is included in the cost of hardware when you purchase a premanufacured pc! It is rediculous trying to find a solution in these forums, but I'd rather recover my win 7 product key than download
    an illegal iso..

JoshuaGoertz, Aug 2, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

doubt it if you have upgraded it. MS now knows your complete setup and should activate it by that once youre done with the clean install and connected to the mighty intArnet!

batlhilz, Aug 2, 2015
  5. yogalD Win User
    Yeah it's activated, although what if I upgrade my hardware and need to reinstall? Since there doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve the "real" product key (it only shows a "generic" product key)

yogalD, Aug 2, 2015
  6. It's actually linked to your HWID.

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Product key without Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Product key without

2. How to get product keys in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get product keys in Microsoft account: I received my laptop via scholarship and windows was already activated. After some months, due to virus, windows crashed and I installed new one from microsoft. Now i cannot get product keys to activate this one. Even i tried "troubleshooting and changed hardware" process but...
  3. How to get product keys in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get product keys in Microsoft account: I received my laptop via scholarship and windows was already activated. After some months, due to virus, windows crashed and I installed new one from microsoft. Now i cannot get product keys to activate this one. Even i tried "troubleshooting and changed hardware" process but...
  4. Windows 10 without a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 without a product key: How do I reinstall Windows 10 without a product key? My laptop crashed; had to reset back to factory; now trying to reinstall Windows 10 and it wants a product key that I don't have....
  5. Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change of Motherboard without Linking Product Key to Microsoft: Hi, I recently built a new machine, and ran into an issue where the Motherboard was faulty. Unfortunately, I only found out about this after the installation of Windows, but before I managed to link the Product Key to a Microsoft Account.Is is possible to replace the...
  6. Not finding product key from microsoft account

Not finding product key from microsoft account: i had changed my hard disk recently, after the installation i have logged in my microsoft account. But whenever i'm trying to troubleshoot the activation it is saying " We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device...
  7. Microsoft product key

Microsoft product key: Does the office 365 home addition subscription provide one or more Microsoft product keys as part of the subscription or are the two purchased separately? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-product-key/20f41f08-d0d8-4d9e-a8ec-6acdd673d04e
  8. Activate windows without product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows without product Key: How do i activate windows 10 without product key and how do I set up remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-without-product-key/3ffe124f-658a-40b3-80a3-2a035f2b6ee4
  9. Personalization Without Product Key!!!!

Personalization Without Product Key!!!!: Hi so a few days ago i upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit i was using 32 bit for a while and while i was using 32 bit of windows 10 i could not Personalize My laptop but when i upgraded to 64 bit .... i could Personalize everything! like everything! is this a new feature in...
  10. Activating Windows without a product key

Activating Windows without a product key: Hoping someone could help me out. Last year, I bought a laptop secondhand. I believed that it had been set up properly but have found that everytime it updates, it practically factory resets. After some investigation, I believe that it was not properly activated and needs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate microsoft products without microsoft account