Windows 10: Product Key

Discus and support Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently bought a new PC but it only had 250GB so I took my old PC and formatted the SSD. And now I have a buyer for my old PC so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by duncancarew, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Product Key

Hello, I have recently bought a new PC but it only had 250GB so I took my old PC and formatted the SSD. And now I have a buyer for my old PC so I decided to put the new SSD back in with a USB stick that has Windows 10 installed. I turned on the computer and I tried to set up windows but I couldn't find the product key so I clicked that I don't have one but that took me to a loop and back to the setup screen again. I do have a CD that came with the PC does that contain a product key or can I use the same key that is on my new PC?

Kind regards
    Duncan Cardew

:)

duncancarew, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 26, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Product Key

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Product Key

1. Product Key - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. Unable to Activate my Windows 10 Product Key (0x803fa067)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate my Windows 10 Product Key (0x803fa067): I bought a new computer, and I took note of my product key and uninstalled it from the old computer, before formatting it clean. Once I installed Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to input the product key that I wrote down, and it is telling me; "We can't activate...
  3. Unable to Activate my Windows 10 Product Key (0x803fa067)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Activate my Windows 10 Product Key (0x803fa067): I bought a new computer, and I took note of my product key and uninstalled it from the old computer, before formatting it clean. Once I installed Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to input the product key that I wrote down, and it is telling me; "We can't activate...
  4. Can I upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with Same product key????

Can I upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with Same product key????: My desktop has windows 10 pro. Can I upgrade my desktop from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with same windows 10 product key????...
  5. Can I upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with Sam product key????

Can I upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with Sam product key????: My desktop has windows 10 pro. Can I upgrade my desktop from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise free with same windows 10 product key????...
  6. How to recover Windows 10 Product Key/Activation from old PC

How to recover Windows 10 Product Key/Activation from old PC: I recently (a few months ago) decided I wanted to change some of the specs in my PC. Along with selling my old GPU, power supply, and case; I sold my 500GB SATA SSD in favor of a 1TB M.2 model. Before I made these changes and sold the parts, I was smart enough to wipe the ssd...
  7. I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key

I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key: I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-my-windows-10-how-do-i-get-a/c13cc52d-64ff-4810-9531-0bbb6c92109b"
  8. Windows 10 De-activated, Unable to find Product Key

Windows 10 De-activated, Unable to find Product Key: My version of Windows 10 de-activated itself following an update, and I'm unable to re-activate it. I cannot relocate my key in the registry (there simply is no value for it), despite this computer using Win 10 for 5 months without issue. I am very confused....
  9. Product key on refurbished computer

Product key on refurbished computer: Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to no avail. When I...
  10. product key

product key: i buyed a used laptop and their label on it he comes with windows 8 so can i know if there is a key for windows comes with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/87ce4cca-7aeb-4c46-ac5b-82d4ff5b7660"