Windows 10: Product Key

Discus and support Product Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While upgrading to windows 10, I was been asked for Product Key, which I dont know. How can I get.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pareshchandrakanth, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Product Key

While upgrading to windows 10, I was been asked for Product Key, which I dont know. How can I get.

:)

pareshchandrakanth, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 12, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Product Key

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Product Key

1. Product Key - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. Windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key: Hi Guys i was wondering if you guys would help me. If i put a activation key in does it wipe my whole computer so i can start fresh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-product-key/2c33e4b9-a19c-40a7-804e-aa9af7eadd68
  3. about my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about my product key: i need to reactivate my windows 10 but dont have the product key or iD how can i re activate or activate windows 10. Its beeen programmed on my laptop but i had to reeboot my whole computer. Is it possible to re activate??...
  4. Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file

Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file: [IMG] Hi, I've made a USB drive to reinstall windows onto a new system I've just built and when it goes through its start up I get this message then it, restarts and repeats itself again? Any ideas on how to get around this? Would I have to make a new windows 10 bootable...
  5. window 10 activate with window 7 product key

window 10 activate with window 7 product key: how can window 10 activate with window 7 product key.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-activate-with-window-7-product-key/06cd95f9-b779-4e3d-9e01-9aa76ca1dede
  6. Unable to change edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise using Product Key

Unable to change edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise using Product Key: My PC came with Windows 10 Pro, however I have bought the product key for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. I tried to change the product key but it came out an error message of 0xc004f050. How can I change the Windows Edition?...
  7. Activating windows on 2 computers with 2 unique product keys and only 1 installation disk

Activating windows on 2 computers with 2 unique product keys and only 1 installation disk: I recently built my own PC, and activated windows on it. I bought an install disk that came with a license of it's own, and used that to activate windows successfully. I want to know whether or not it is possible to buy a second product key to use on a second system to...
  8. Product key for windows 10 pros

Product key for windows 10 pros: Hi I had windows 7 pros and was upgraded to win10 since the last updates windows was found corrupted had to send my computer to a computer repair shop how do I or reclaim my windows 10 pros product key. Thank you Gerald...
  9. Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?: I want to delete everything and perform a clean reinstall with a usb stick, where I also want to install windows on a new drive. Do I need to activate windows again after the reintallation? Do I need any product keys? Or will that be handled automatically ? submitted by...
  10. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...