Windows 10: product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate?

Discus and support product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded free win 10 pro a while ago when MS offered it. HD crashed and have no product key to re-activate. How do I get a product number?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SteveTatarczuk, Feb 18, 2019.

1. product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate?

I downloaded free win 10 pro a while ago when MS offered it. HD crashed and have no product key to re-activate. How do I get a product number?

:)

SteveTatarczuk, Feb 18, 2019

2. ACTIVATION WIN 10

Hi,

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate
    Windows 10 Home or
    Windows 10 Pro. Activation in Windows 10 will depend on how you got your copy of Windows.
    To find the activation method that works with your copy of Windows, kindly refer to this

Microsoft article

Check out this
    link
    for a list of activation error codes and the suggested steps to troubleshoot it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to skip the activation step and install Windows 10. After the installation is complete, you can activate the copy of Windows via phone by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Refer the link below for information regarding activation:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 18, 2019
  4. product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate?

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate?

1. product number needed from Free Win 10 download yrs ago. Need to re activate? - Similar Threads - product number needed

2. Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product: Hi,Need activation help please - who should I contact?I bought a license for windows 10 on the 4th of Oct 2015. I have the order confirmation in my windows account but no serial listed. Activation through Windows 10 fails and trouble shooter does nothing.Can someone please...
  3. Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product: Hi,Need activation help please - who should I contact?I bought a license for windows 10 on the 4th of Oct 2015. I have the order confirmation in my windows account but no serial listed. Activation through Windows 10 fails and trouble shooter does nothing.Can someone please...
  4. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  5. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  6. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 need re-activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 need re-activation: Hi, my windows requires re-activation when it has already been activated nearly 2 years ago. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-need-re-activation/2c288394-76b6-4921-a33b-1a327d38006d
  8. Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key

Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key: Hello... Yes my Question is... Recently I had to change my Main/Mother Board... after hooking up & reconnecting everything... loading new board drivers etc... windows then said my Product key was no good along with i would need to reactivate it... So I went to settings......
  9. Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7

Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7: I have recently upgraded my motherboard on a system which had genuine win 7 that got the free upgrade to win 10. Now it asks for activation but I don't have a valid win 10 key and on the troubleshooting page it says the ones that upgraded from Win 7 got the "digital license",...
  10. Need product or activation key for windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need product or activation key for windows 10: I need a product or activation key for Windows 10 Enterprise insider preview build 10162. 9182