Windows 10: Product refund

Discus and support Product refund in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello there On August 22nd have initially downloaded Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor from Microsoft Store When run it for the first time... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by XXYYXX, Sep 9, 2020.

1. XXYYXX Win User

Product refund

Hello there

On August 22nd have initially downloaded Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor from Microsoft Store

When run it for the first time application offered purchase of premium option which I did.

Received email confirmation of purchase but no download link for premium option was provided

Subsequently have contacted Technical Support on three occasions Case numbers can be provided on request but no-one was able to get it fixed.

At the end it was figured out that application in question was from the third party. Was advised by MS Store staff to email third party requesting solution, which I did, but never have received any response. I also was advised if I don't get solution for my problem that refund will be arranged

Today I have contacted MS Store and was told that no refund can be arranged and that I should contact technical support again.

So I am writing to you in hope that you might offer me solution how to get my money back

Regards

S.D.

* Moved from MSN

* OS not specified

:)

XXYYXX, Sep 9, 2020

2. Refunding a product (Minecraft for Windows)

There's really not much time to actually play the game in 14 days. Considering the fact majority of distributors practice 14 day refund policy (with playtime threshold), I see no reason why Microsoft would not do that as well. MORE TO IT, to refund a product
    you need to uninstall it from your device. That suggest there's a way for Microsoft to check whether the software is on your computer. That, or it's a way of making sure the user complied to refund terms. Either way, there's no way to abuse it, and Microsoft
    has no base to disallow game refunds.

Piotr Braszak, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Refund

Hello there!

please help me, i need a refund. Ive tried all suggested methods and refund sinscription is not an option.

i did not intend to buy this product.

please help

warm regards

Mary

MaroussoSantorineos, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Product refund

Refund for an application bought on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Most apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books purchased in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One are non-refundable unless the offer or applicable law states that you’re eligible for a refund. Should you have other questions and clarifications,
    we suggest that you contact our
    Microsoft Support
    team.

For detailed information about the return and refund policy, see
    Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Product refund

1. Product refund - Similar Threads - Product refund

2. I want to Refund a Product i could not use for 3 years

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to Refund a Product i could not use for 3 years: Hello, 3 years ago i purchases Microsoft Flight simulator, since then i was not able to play it because its downloading at very slow speedsi have glasfibre gigabit connection and ihave tried many workaround provided by microsoft support such as tuning tcp levels in...
  3. I want to Refund a Product i could not use for 3 years

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Refund a Product i could not use for 3 years: Hello, 3 years ago i purchases Microsoft Flight simulator, since then i was not able to play it because its downloading at very slow speedsi have glasfibre gigabit connection and ihave tried many workaround provided by microsoft support such as tuning tcp levels in...
  4. Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?: Can I refund the Windows 11 home product key I bought? It's been 6 months already. I just found at I was not using the product key I bought because my computer already has an OS. turns out I did not need it. How can I return this "item" or product?...
  5. Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?

Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?: Can I refund the Windows 11 home product key I bought? It's been 6 months already. I just found at I was not using the product key I bought because my computer already has an OS. turns out I did not need it. How can I return this "item" or product?...
  6. Can I refund a product key that was bought?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I refund a product key that was bought?: I would like to refund a product key that was bought on April 4th, 2023, at 12;14 AM. For some reason my hardware had a reset and my windows deactivated so I bought a Microsoft product key to activate windows 10, but I was able to find a backup product key from Registry...
  7. Can I refund a product key that was bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I refund a product key that was bought?: I would like to refund a product key that was bought on April 4th, 2023, at 12;14 AM. For some reason my hardware had a reset and my windows deactivated so I bought a Microsoft product key to activate windows 10, but I was able to find a backup product key from Registry...
  8. Can I refund a product key that was bought?

9. I need a refund on product not received

I need a refund on product not received: I purchased Premium class on airport city for $4.99 but did not receive it, i need a refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-refund-on-product-not-received/483d116e-9bd1-4164-9e72-d2f4509d79e4
  10. I need a refund on product not received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a refund on product not received: I purchased Premium class on airport city for $4.99 but did not receive it, i need a refund https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-refund-on-product-not-received/483d116e-9bd1-4164-9e72-d2f4509d79e4