Windows 10: Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

Discus and support Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are using WSUS to deploy MS critical and security patches to Windows machines in our environment. With Windows 10 we are having trouble getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sitaram Nayak, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

We are using WSUS to deploy MS critical and security patches to Windows machines in our environment. With Windows 10 we are having trouble getting patches from WSUS. I am not sure if I have missed any selection in products and classification. Can someone guide me the right selections so that Windows 10 Pro versions receive the monthly patches from WSUS?

We have mixed of Windows 10 Pro 1703, 1709, 1803, 1903 machines.

Currently I have selected below products.

Windows 10 and later drivers

Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers

Windows 10, version 1903 and later

Windows 10

Thanks & Regards

Sitaram

:)

Sitaram Nayak, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Al2020s Win User

WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607

Hello,

Environment

A number of windows 10 PRO are running and WSUS properly provides updates for them.

Recently a number of Dell 5070 WES clients with preinstalled W10 IOT (current version is W10 LTBS 1607 Enterprise edition) have been deployed.

Settings for WSUS

In products list:

In addition to other W10 editions selected W10, W10 LTBS and a number of other versions. I also selected Windows Defender.

In classification:

Selected Critical Updates, Definition Updates, Security Updates, Service Packs, Updates Rollups, Upgrades.

Definitions updates are set to be automatically approved.

W10 LTBS updates and definitions

WSUS recognizes Wyse 5070 devices as Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTBS but It does not show any current failed/needed updates for these devices Defender defenitions updates are not being deployed.

Online updates with Microsoft does work: patches/updates can be downloaded and installed and defender definitions are applied automatically.

Al2020s, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

Updating Windows 10 version 1903 using Configuration Manager or WSUS

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...or/ba-p/639100

See also: https://www.zdnet.com/article/system...tching-change/

Brink, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS

1. Products and Classification selection for Windows 10 versions in WSUS - Similar Threads - Products Classification selection

2. WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows: Hi all,I have a WSUS Server, It still running normally but cannot show latest version of Windows. Example attach file: this machine has been upgrade from Windows 10 Pro version 1903 to Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 but the WSUS Server only show build number 19041 2004. It makes...
  3. WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS cannot show latest version of Windows: Hi all,I have a WSUS Server, It still running normally but cannot show latest version of Windows. Example attach file: this machine has been upgrade from Windows 10 Pro version 1903 to Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 but the WSUS Server only show build number 19041 2004. It makes...
  4. WSUS Downstream Servers - Not Sync'ing Classifications everything else fine

WSUS Downstream Servers - Not Sync'ing Classifications everything else fine: I have a strange situation wherein I have a primary SUS server and two downstream SUS servers. All synchronisation / connectivity is functioning fine. The only oddity is that 'Classifications' are not syncing correctly. Upstream is configured for Critical Updates, Definition...
  5. WSUS Downstream Servers - Not Sync'ing Classifications everything else fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Downstream Servers - Not Sync'ing Classifications everything else fine: I have a strange situation wherein I have a primary SUS server and two downstream SUS servers. All synchronisation / connectivity is functioning fine. The only oddity is that 'Classifications' are not syncing correctly. Upstream is configured for Critical Updates, Definition...
  6. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  7. classification of a question

classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  8. Windows Product Key Classification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Classification: Hi all, I cannot turn on my laptop due to an issue on disk so the device shuts down quickly. My question is I have windows product key sticker at least and I hope to use this one in a fresh installation. But the problem is Im not sure if this license works on a different...
  9. WSUS and Windows 10

WSUS and Windows 10: Hello I'm using a GPO to control when patches are applied to my PC's. When I go and check the W10 PCs, I select check for updates, it shows a "Retry" button and when I hit "Retry" it downloads and installs the patches, no problem. This is consistent with all W10 PC's....
  10. WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.

WSUS Client cannot install Windows 10 version 1803.: Hi All, Hope someone can help me with my current issue. All my client machines are getting the error message below and can't install the Windows 10 version 1803. Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1803, en-us Event reported at 2/08/2018 12:08 a.m.:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 products and classifications

2. what products and classifacations should be selected in wsus for win 10

3. windows 10 selections for wsus

4. what type of classification need to be select in wsus,
  5. wsus products under products and classification versions of windows definitions,
  6. 10 enterprise upgrading to 1903 via wsus