Windows 10: Profile a workstation to work in Performance / Internet modes

Discus and support Profile a workstation to work in Performance / Internet modes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP laptop workstation, which I mainly use for extensive audio computing live where both factors: low latency and smooth performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KrzysiekK, Oct 6, 2019.

1. KrzysiekK Win User

Profile a workstation to work in Performance / Internet modes

Hello,

I have a HP laptop workstation, which I mainly use for extensive audio computing live where both factors: low latency and smooth performance are absolutely critical. But I also need internet connection from time to time to update.

I wish I could somehow toggle (either by one click when a system is already running or as a selection during boot) all the services I choose to toggle on/off at once.

More precisely, when I use my laptop for audio only at the moment, I want to have all connections, all protection software and all internet-dependent services down.

Is there a way to quickly enable/disable a set of services in Windows in two named profiles: "PERFORMANCE" and "INTERNET"?

Best regards
    Krzysztof Korpiela

:)

KrzysiekK, Oct 6, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Duxx Win User
    Internet Mode

I want to load a color profile for my monitor to test it out, and the tutorial says put my on-screen display(OSD) into internet mode, but under my OSD, i don't have the option of Internet mode, of anything of the sort... :-\, there a trick or some monitors don't have?

Duxx, Oct 6, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile a workstation to work in Performance / Internet modes :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Profile a workstation to work in Performance / Internet modes - Similar Threads - Profile workstation Performance

2. Performance Issues with Workstations Running Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issues with Workstations Running Windows 10: Hello, Microsoft community! I've been experiencing some performance issues with workstations running Windows 10 in our organization. While Windows 10 has generally been a reliable operating system for us, we've noticed a few areas where improvements could be made. I wanted to...
  3. Performance Issues with Workstations Running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Issues with Workstations Running Windows 10: Hello, Microsoft community! I've been experiencing some performance issues with workstations running Windows 10 in our organization. While Windows 10 has generally been a reliable operating system for us, we've noticed a few areas where improvements could be made. I wanted to...
  4. Performance Issues with Workstations Running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Performance mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance mode: Hello everyone. I would like to ask whether performance mode in Windows 11 improves the performance of a laptop regarding system animations, Edge browsing or Office 365 use. I am not referring to demanding tasks like gaming or video editing, but to the aforementioned ones -...
  6. Performance mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance mode: Hello everyone. I would like to ask whether performance mode in Windows 11 improves the performance of a laptop regarding system animations, Edge browsing or Office 365 use. I am not referring to demanding tasks like gaming or video editing, but to the aforementioned ones -...
  7. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  8. Ultra Performance Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultra Performance Mode: I had to reinstall Windows to put it on my NVME. Before when it was on my SSD, I had the option for Ultra Performance Mode for the power options. Now with windows reinstalled and etc. The option is no longer there. All I see is Balanced, High and Power Saver. How come? Where...
  9. Ultra performance mode how it works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ultra performance mode how it works: How ultra performance mode works in Windows 10 pro . Which type of effect apply after selecting ultra performance mode in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ultra-performance-mode-how-it-works/79adbf76-4eb1-4fcc-9cbf-8365b46641de
  10. VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare workstation 11 no internet.: Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager. I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get...