Windows 10: Profile corrupted?

Discus and support Profile corrupted? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clayto222, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Clayto222 Win User

Profile corrupted?

On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be accessed. Most icons which remained or which I re-created do not launch their app or file. A few which work look like their app has lost its data and Edge for example seems to have reverted to year zero, welcoming me repeatedly to the new Edge, without its customisation. All pre-disaster Restore Points have been wiped. In Recovery I tried a Repair restart, without success. I did not try other options until i have received advice. I do not want to lose apps and files.

I understand all this will all have been the result of the Personal / User Folder / Profile becoming corrupted. I have opened it and only found a few Library folders, most of them empty.

I do have an Aomei Backup disk image, created after the November update. What should I do to repair this please?

Tablet PC Windows 10 64 bit Home, all updates

:)

Clayto222, Feb 14, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 14, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Profile corrupted?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile corrupted? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Profile corrupted?

1. Profile corrupted? - Similar Threads - Profile corrupted

2. After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW...: I suffered a user profile corruption after a Windows update, so created a new user profile NEW, and would like to delete the old ONE profile completely and rename NEW to ONE, but I'm sure it's not so simple. I do NOT have it logged into a domain, all the accounts are LOCAL...
  3. How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you tried to log on to Windows 10 and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can […] This post How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Why did my Windows 10 admin profile get corrupted and suddenly go back to normal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my Windows 10 admin profile get corrupted and suddenly go back to normal?: So this has boggled my mind for like months now. My Admin account gets corrupted and suddenly goes back to normal. I don't know what causes it but I think its a recovery feature. But if there is a clear answer to why, then I wanna know. Because this hurts my head trying to...
  5. Windows 10, restore corrupt profile from backup? App settings? Apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, restore corrupt profile from backup? App settings? Apps?: I got the dreaded user profile is corrupt, creating a temporary profile error. Created a new User Profile. Do I really have to build everything from scratch?!!! Ugh. 1. Is it possible to restore my profile from a backup? If so, what directories, files, etc. should I pay...
  6. Autologon to last user that has corrupt profil and can't login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon to last user that has corrupt profil and can't login.: I have a serious issue caused by the autologon of last user. I created a user with no password. Sometime after I created the user, the profile became corrupt. How it became corrupt is another story, not important to my immediate issue. When I tried to login to this user I get...
  7. Admin profile got corrupt. Anyone know what I could've done?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin profile got corrupt. Anyone know what I could've done?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BosnianDrift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ed23tv/admin_profile_got_corrupt_anyone_know_what_i/
  8. Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Struggling to recreate corrupted profile: Somehow i have done something horrible with my profile so wanted to create a new one. I tried a few system restores but they all have the same issue. My account is linked to microsoft account so trying to avoid just deleting the account and starting again. i have read some...
  9. Corrupt profile after interrupted hibernation

Corrupt profile after interrupted hibernation: So I have a laptop about 3 years old windows 10 pro generally up to date, drivers are hit or miss due to OEM not bothering (clevo/sager model). I was playing a game and needed to move to another room, unplugged, got to the other room when an alert sound (figure it was low...
  10. Windows 10 - 1903 Update Profile Corrupted

Windows 10 - 1903 Update Profile Corrupted: Ive had 2 attempts and installing from 1803 (OS Build 17134.950) to 1903. Both times it has corrupted my profile and logged in using a temporary one i.e. name.000. Basically most of my files are gone and outlook doesn't work (cant find data files) etc etc. I use my PC for...