Windows 10: Profile Logout

Discus and support Profile Logout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is issued by my high school, and when I got it, it showed the "other user" screen to log in. I logged in fine, but after I shut the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael M. 875, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Profile Logout

My laptop is issued by my high school, and when I got it, it showed the "other user" screen to log in. I logged in fine, but after I shut the laptop down, it logged me out, its annoying to have to put in my username every time I want to log in to my computer. How do get it to keep my profile logged in after I shut down the laptop?

:)

Michael M. 875, Aug 7, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Aug 7, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile Logout :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Profile Logout

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Profile Logout

1. Profile Logout - Similar Threads - Profile Logout

2. Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles: So I've had a problem with the most recent update, July 2019, and have found that, though not terribly common, updates sometimes bug out and dont reintegrate the temp profile, often marked with .000, with the main profile. Is it possible to rip that section out of the...
  3. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile: so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see...
  4. Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?: My conference room computers need the user profiles purged ever few weeks. It used work fine but now I receive an error stating that not all data has been removed. Whenever I look the only thing still hanging out is the appdata\local\packages folder, which will have 1 or 2...
  5. How to create multiple profiles on Edge Chromium browser?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create multiple profiles on Edge Chromium browser?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The final version of the new Chromium-based Edge browser is expected to be out soon and it will come with a load of features. In this post, we’ve tried to cover on how to create multiple profiles on the new [...] This post How to create multiple profiles on...
  6. User Profile Service Warning 1534

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile Service Warning 1534: I have almost 6000 Warning 1534 codes on my computer since February of this year. How can I fix this so it will stop. It is affecting my computer. Running very slowly....
  7. I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.: Having gone round in circles trying to connect with the UK MS to speak to a human being and failing, can someone help in solving how to get out of this account and back to my full admin account that I had before this disastrous upgrade. Every time I try to alter the account...
  8. default profile win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  9. default profile win10

default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  10. Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile: Took 2 days for update to complete. Once laptop actually restarted - software there but all other documents removed from desktop and all software settings gone. Got error that a temporary profile was created. How can I recover/get back prior settings?...