Windows 10: Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app

Discus and support Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NayanRawat, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app

Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app 412c779b-6945-4ba9-8258-8939a46f3543?upload=true.png

:)

NayanRawat, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

sign in picture

Hi Kenneth,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change your profile picture on sign-in screen in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key, then click your account at the top of
      Start menu.
    • Click Change account settings.
    • Under your account name, you will see a circle then click the Browse button to choose a photo you want to set as profile picture.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 7, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Pilotsean Win User

Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

Hello I went to try to follow the instructions here to fix the temp profile issue I am having with Windows ten after upgrading from 7 a few months ago and I got to the step of the registry ....I don't see the user profile lists as in your pictures I see the below items in my pictures which look completely different then yours. I don't want to miss anything up as I have both of my baby's last three years of pictures on the laptop that I need to get to. Please help!

Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app [​IMG]

Pilotsean, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app

1. Profile picture not visible in either sign in or settings app - Similar Threads - Profile picture visible

2. Can't set a profile picture in settings..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't set a profile picture in settings..: I tried with a local & microsoft account..Still not working.. I even tried to click "Camera" and "Browse for one" and I even changed it from web and it's not working..Output:Account picture errorThis picture couldn't be saved.Additional problem information: Error Code:...
  3. Can't set a profile picture in settings..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set a profile picture in settings..: I tried with a local & microsoft account..Still not working.. I even tried to click "Camera" and "Browse for one" and I even changed it from web and it's not working..Output:Account picture errorThis picture couldn't be saved.Additional problem information: Error Code:...
  4. Can't set a profile picture in settings..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't set a profile picture in settings..

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Profile picture not appearing in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile picture not appearing in the Settings app: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with my profile picture not appearing in the Settings app. It's a local account. The profile picture is visible in the Start menu, log in screen. The system is up to date as well. Thanks in foward! submitted by /u/Ocxulus [link]...
  7. Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Header

Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Header: [ATTACH] My profile picture is set and visible in the start menu and the login screen, but won't appear here for some reason. Could someone tell me how to fix this issue?...
  8. Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Home Page

Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Home Page: I came across a bunch of YouTube videos where people whose pc is in the video, have their Profile Photo visible when they open the Settings App, I badly needed it on my Laptop because it looks nice. Please let me know how can I get this. I attached an Image too! I have...
  9. Windows 10 2004 Profile Picture in Settings App Not Showing

Windows 10 2004 Profile Picture in Settings App Not Showing: I reformatted my laptop and the profile picture from my Microsoft account didn't sync, so I had to manually browse for the .png. However, the home page of settings still has my profile picture as blank, and I already ran sfc /scannow and dism procedures, as well as resetting...
  10. Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Home Page

Profile Photo not Visible in Settings App Home Page: So recently I come across bunch of YouTube videos where people whose pc is in video, they have their Profile Photo visible when they open Settings App, I badly needed it on my Laptop because it looks nice. Please let me know how can I get this. I attached a Image too!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in setting user profile picture not showing