Windows 10: Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

Discus and support Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a little trouble with my computer, my start menu does not work, it only comes up but i can't do anything. I can´t change my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fridjonarnarson, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

Hello!

I am having a little trouble with my computer, my start menu does not work, it only comes up but i can't do anything. I can´t change my profile picture on my computer and when i trie to rename my files a popup window comes up saying ''Can´t find the scecified file''.

What can i do in this situation.

Sincerely

Fridjon

:)

fridjonarnarson, Mar 3, 2019

2. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Profile Pictures

Hello,

To set your profile picture, you shouldn't need to rename a file. I've always followed these steps:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings‌ > Accounts > Your info‌ .

2. Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one . Or, if your device has a camera, choose Camera.

David Plotts, Mar 3, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

1. Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files - Similar Threads - Profile picture Start

2. Rename picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename picture: Can someone please tell me how to rename a photo in the "pictures" file. The "rename" option is grayed out. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-picture/56b96771-b039-493a-b751-9ab2ce1b24f4
  3. Start Menu search is blank after renaming user profile folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu search is blank after renaming user profile folder: [ATTACH] How to rename the User folder in Windows 10? - Super User I followed the procedure in the link above to rename profile. After re-logging in with renamed user, start menu search stopped working. What should I do? I tried re-creating windows search index, ran...
  4. Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?: Hey all I'm intrigued by the new start menu's look. However, it's still severely limited in options. Is there a tool or a hack to remove start menu items such as folders, cortana, people, etc. that do not have an uninstall option? Google gives me nothing but standard stuff...
  5. Rename capability in Pictures file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename capability in Pictures file: When I try to rename a photo, total file simply goes into spin mode and can't get out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-capability-in-pictures-file/fa042fe9-b19e-46a6-a113-86185ce23802"
  6. Rename start menu item Windows 10

Rename start menu item Windows 10: I have installed different versions of an application but they all appear as "ABC application". How can I can name each one uniquely ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-start-menu-item-windows-10/db44fa34-1d71-4466-b7b9-94644bb88dc5
  7. User Profile Rename

User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  8. Trying to pin Pictures file to start menu on W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to pin Pictures file to start menu on W10?: My Pictures file suddenly disappeared from my start menu on Windows 10. Now when I try to pin it back it doesn't appear. on my menu. I've tried to unpin and pin it again but there's still a blank space on my start menu. I've enlarged the menu to make sure it definitely didn't...
  9. Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles: Title says it all -- In particular, Windows Update tile which was created by right-clicking on Update & security box in settings and selecting Pin to Start. The tile opens up the Windows Update page and I would like to rename the tile to say Windows Update ( or Win Update...
  10. Problem renaming a Start Menu folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem renaming a Start Menu folder: I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64-bit). For me there is a significant learning curve, and I need help with one issue that I have been unable to resolve. I tried to rename the following folder: C:\Users\All users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Wacom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. profile picture in start menu