Windows 10: Profile picture won't update in Office programs

Discus and support Profile picture won't update in Office programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I changed my Microsoft account profile picture with the new photo appearing when I sign onto my computer and on my Microsoft account. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CBNL, Mar 11, 2020.

1. CBNL Win User

Profile picture won't update in Office programs

Hi,

I changed my Microsoft account profile picture with the new photo appearing when I sign onto my computer and on my Microsoft account. However, the old profile picture still appears on Word in the top right corner.

I did have a problem with my first user profile which became corrupted. I'm using the same Microsoft address for the new user profile. Could this be the issue?

Thanks for your help.

:)

2. Profile picture

I tried again what was suggested about searching for my profile pictures, and I cannot find them. It won`t even allow me to change it to one of my other 2 previous ones. Also, I can`t change my lock screen picture. Maybe I need an idiot-guide! lol.

DoreenLindsay, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 11, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile picture won't update in Office programs :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Profile picture won't update in Office programs - Similar Threads - Profile picture won't

2. Profile Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile Picture: So I was uploading an image and I checked my profile again today and saw it was not uploaded and I was looking at my image and saw nothing wrong with it and was wondering if it was because it has a transparent background or it was something else....
  3. microsoft account profile picture won't remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account profile picture won't remove: Trying to remove my Microsoft profile picture and put it back to just the original blue circle with my initials or the abstract figure head. In my account online, there is no image. On my PC the image remains, and in the settings there is no option to remove the photo - only...
  4. Microsoft account won't remove profile picture

Microsoft account won't remove profile picture: I've tried several times to remove my profile picture for my account through profile settings.It will remove my profile picture on that page, but once I leave the page my picture is still visible on my account....
  5. profile picture won't change on microsft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    profile picture won't change on microsft store: Hello, i recently logged my email onto another computer which had a different profile picture, i deleted the email on that computer but my profile on microsft store wont change back when i changed it....
  6. Profile picture won't update

Profile picture won't update: I changed my profile picture on Microsoft.com in account settings and it worked (I removed it). But whenever I log into my computer, my old picture still shows up as my account icon. I've tried it multiple times and it won't update. Can someone please tell me what the problem...
  7. Profile picture not updating

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Profile picture not updating: Hey guys...I changed my profile pic in Outlook and on my windows 10 PC it's setup to sync..it's still the old picture...usually it uodates...any ideas? 135086
  8. Profile picture

Profile picture: Hi there i want to know how to lete my photo from the student log in photo that is now showing every time a student users this lap top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-picture/d8ac5e51-a0c3-42f0-8f1a-fd8e740bc774
  9. Profile picture in office won’t show

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Profile picture in office won’t show: We have several user accounts and a couple of PCs. When using the office apps and also the my office app my wife’s profile picture refuses to display. When we go into account - user information there is usually a profile picture in the top left but for over a week now it just...
  10. User Profile Picture Won't Change

User Profile Picture Won't Change: I went to change my user profile pic in settings and it has a link to change it online in the Microsoft account. I did but the profile pic on my computer hasn't changed on log in or start....