Windows 10: Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

Discus and support Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tech, Mar 24, 2023.

1. tech Win User

Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is corrupt. I can log the user in on another computer and attach files and send with no issue.I can create a new profile easily. The question is with the users business applications. Will these be available in the new profile? I can copy his user folders to the new profile.Trying to get this straight in my head before mo

:)

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2023
  3. masplin Win User
    Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

Somehow i have done something horrible with my profile so wanted to create a new one. I tried a few system restores but they all have the same issue. My account is linked to microsoft account so trying to avoid just deleting the account and starting again. i have read some posts suggesting creating a test account, login under that then rename the current profile as .old. then restart and login should create anew profile. i can then copy across any bits of the old profile I'm confident haven't been corrupted.

However I cannot seem to rename my current profile as get the attached error message.

Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile 256690d1574757676t-struggling-recreate-corrupted-profile-capture.png

Any suggestions how i move forward would be appreciated

Mike

Win 10 pro

masplin, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

1. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile - Similar Threads - Profile possibly corrupt

2. Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?: I want to migrate to a new profile, but I'm not sure if I can use the same email for the setup process. The password can probably stay the same, but can the email? I think the Microsoft account and profiles might be separate, but I'm not sure.Thank you!...
  3. Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?: I want to migrate to a new profile, but I'm not sure if I can use the same email for the setup process. The password can probably stay the same, but can the email? I think the Microsoft account and profiles might be separate, but I'm not sure.Thank you!...
  4. Can I use the same email as a corrupted profile when creating a new profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  6. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  7. Corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt profile: so i was holding the power button on my laptop to force my computer to shot down while window is signing in and the next time i turned my computer on, it say the window cant sign in my profile and i have to use a alternative profile which will lost everything i did after i...
  8. "Corrupted" profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Corrupted" profile?: I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do. I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way...
  9. Corrupted Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Profile: This morning, I tried signing into my computer to find out my profile had been corrupted, is there anyway I can get my files from that profile back? submitted by /u/Motorsport_Fanatic_7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7as9/corrupted_profile/
  10. Profile corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile corrupted?: On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be accessed. Most icons which remained or which I re-created do not launch their app or file. A few which work look like their app has...