Windows 10: Profile setup and laptop update needed

Discus and support Profile setup and laptop update needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help to specifically reset profile of Microsoft and update laptop since cannot use it because Windows 10 does not recognize me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom Hayman, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Profile setup and laptop update needed

Please help to specifically reset profile of Microsoft and update laptop since cannot use it because Windows 10 does not recognize me.

:)

Tom Hayman, Dec 18, 2018

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 18, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Profile setup and laptop update needed :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Profile setup and laptop update needed

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Profile setup and laptop update needed

1. Profile setup and laptop update needed - Similar Threads - Profile setup laptop

2. Windows Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Laptop Setup: My new windows company laptop has been stuck on account setup for 18hrs. All that is incomplete is 0/1 certificates applied. Internet connection is not an issue. Have tried restarting etc. to no success. How can this be resolved?...
  3. Windows Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Laptop Setup: My new windows company laptop has been stuck on account setup for 18hrs. All that is incomplete is 0/1 certificates applied. Internet connection is not an issue. Have tried restarting etc. to no success. How can this be resolved?...
  4. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  5. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  6. Logitech Profiler game profile setup for Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logitech Profiler game profile setup for Forza Horizon 4: FH4 is downloaded from the Microsoft store and does not allow me to open the game file in my folder and it does not allow me to choose an .exe file to create a game profile on the G25 version of Logitech Profiler. I have no idea how to get around this and have gone through...
  7. Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Setup: I purchased the Lenovo Ideapad 5 and while the laptop setup, when I logged in with my Microsoft Id, the screen got stuck. The laptop is not shutting down as well. How do you fix it?...
  8. Hardware Profile Selection Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware Profile Selection Setup: I'm not quite sure where to begin with this, but here goes. Small business with currently 4 employees. We have multiple printers and scanners that are all connected to one headless unit. Typically that unit stays logged into my profile (security timeout so it's still secure)....
  9. Need to reset my profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset my profile: Microsoft IT help researched my office2010 problems for windows 10. They determined there was something wrong with my existing Profile not working with office professional 2010. How do I reset or determine the offending setting in my profile so that Office Pro 2010 can...
  10. setup Same account with different logins/profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    setup Same account with different logins/profiles: I want to create different usernames or profiles for the same device without creating a new windows account for each. For example, I want one login for the device for my kid when it is used for school, but then another for when it is to be used for recreation/at home so all...