Windows 10: ProfileList Issues

Discus and support ProfileList Issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear all, earlier I had deleted the ProfileList key from the registry in Windows 10 as I had assumed that it would disable the use of passwords to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LaiQH, Feb 11, 2017.

1. LaiQH Win User

ProfileList Issues

Dear all, earlier I had deleted the ProfileList key from the registry in Windows 10 as I had assumed that it would disable the use of passwords to access the computer. Little did I know, it ended up wiping all my accounts from the computer. As of today, it is a Sunday and I cannot contact Dell, Microsoft and Courts, the store which I bought the desktop since it is already 3pm. I need advice ASAP. Any advice on how to solve this and allow me to get into the desktop and also disable the password as well?
    Note: I was dumb enough not to back up the registry key. The desktop did not come with a recovery CD. It is currently running on Windows 10.
    Thanks!

:)

LaiQH, Feb 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 update KB3206632 continues to fail to install

If the profile is corrupt, it can cause this issue. Perform the following steps.

• Open regedit and locate 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList'
    • Under the ProfileList subkey, delete any subkey that is named SID.bak.

Smittychat., Feb 11, 2017
  3. jasclar2 Win User
    Windows 10 cumulative update KB3081436 repeatedly fails

removing the UpdatusUser from the ProfileList fixed the issue for me

Dell XPS15z with NVIDIA drivers

jasclar2, Feb 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

ProfileList Issues

1. Backup Registry restoration

Before try this I advise you create a disk image backup. (Disk imaging lets you easily recover from messed up OS's and failed disks relatively easily and without technical help). That gives you a chance of a further attempt if sthg goes wrong.

Macrium Reflect (free) - its boot disk- + external storage for your system backup.

You can restore the backup registry by booting from an offline disk.
    The Windows 10 backup copy of the registry is under:
    C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack
    Boot up the PC using a Win 10 bootable medium, or Kyhi's boot DVD/drive - available from the top of the Software and Apps section in this forum- and copy all files under RegBack to C:\Windows\System32\config

2. System Restore?
    I don't know if trying to run system restore having booted from a Win 10 boot medium would work in your case, and of course would depend on you having system restore on and some restore points.

Note: Win 10 iso's are freely downloadable. Details in the Tutorial section here if you need them.

About the first thing to do with a new working system is to start using disk imaging routinely. This protects your PC, your data, your sanity, and saves you time.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2017
Thema:

ProfileList Issues

1. ProfileList Issues - Similar Threads - ProfileList Issues

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.: Hello, I accidentally deleted my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. Can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkeylocalmachinesoftwaremicrosoftwindows/7169efa6-396b-4d60-95e4-e618438045e7
  3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.: Hello, I accidentally deleted my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. Can I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkeylocalmachinesoftwaremicrosoftwindows/7169efa6-396b-4d60-95e4-e618438045e7
  4. Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList: Hi, I tried to change my folder name in C:\Users and I did it through this path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList then i restarted my laptop andafter that I ran into this message : we can't sign into your accout so I tried to...
  5. Accidently changed SID ProfileList Value Path. Unable to access my Profile. Please help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed SID ProfileList Value Path. Unable to access my Profile. Please help.: I wanted to change the name of the users file but I did not create any restore point. So, I changed SID ProfileList using my main administrator account. I changed the value path for all the files in the list. Now, I am unable to access my profile. I am signed in to a...
  6. RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RegEdit ProfileList is missing - Can't delete user profile completely: Hello! I recently deleted an unused profile on my machine through the control panel. This profile was taking up a lot of unnecessary space, so it had to go! Well, the profile was deleted and then... the folder stuck around under the Users directory, taking up all that...
  7. Issue with NO "ProfileList" path in Registry for my Windows 10 Home - HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with NO "ProfileList" path in Registry for my Windows 10 Home - HP Envy Laptop: Hello I was having issues yesterday trying to change my User account from "Thoma" to "Thomas Parks" as you can see in the screenshot Right. I was successful after I renamed the .bat file in ProfileList screenshot on left and deleted the original profile. I can now login to...
  8. svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry

svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry: It all started someday when I restarted my computer and my user seemed to be corrupted black screen, weird old font, only recycle bin showing on desktop and I had to create a new user and copy all my userdata from the old to the new and it worked fine. Later when i rebooted...
  9. No ProfileList found on registration editor on PC?

No ProfileList found on registration editor on PC?: I am always logged on to my PC with a temporary profile. I know how to turn it off ( windows + r -> regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList) The problem is that I can't find the last link (ProfileList)? Are there other ways to...
  10. accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account

accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account: So the chronology, I want to change the name of the users file, I have created another administrator account. but I forgot the switch to the administrator account that I made earlier. so I changed SID ProfileList using my main administrator account. after changing the value...