Windows 10: Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login

Discus and support Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a way of deactivating the personal profile or at least change the user name login details for this profile?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sarah P#, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Sarah P# Win User

Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login

Is there a way of deactivating the personal profile or at least change the user name login details for this profile?

:)

Sarah P#, Jul 27, 2019

2. How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

The YouTube video does not work on a Windows phone. I tried to follow the steps but the email address still shows in the auto-complete(suggest) list when I start typing the to address. The only way I was able to get rid of the address was to "hard" reset
    the phone. Which was painfull in getting it set back up the way I wanted to.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Jul 27, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login

Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login

1. Profiles work & personal sharing the same email address for login - Similar Threads - Profiles personal sharing

2. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  3. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  4. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  5. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  6. I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...: I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal accounts in Office 365. The user is unable to authenticate to our SharePoint infrastructure. We tried resetting his password through normal channels but it doesn't work. How can we advise...
  7. I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...

I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...: I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal accounts in Office 365. The user is unable to authenticate to our SharePoint infrastructure. We tried resetting his password through normal channels but it doesn't work. How can we advise...
  8. Reuse Windows 10 user profile with the same email address

in Cortana
    Reuse Windows 10 user profile with the same email address: HiI am currently using Windows 10. I noticed my user profile is about to corrupt when I cannot use the windows search function., same problem as before. If I change to other user, I can use the windows search function as normal. Are there any solution to corrupted user...
  9. Reuse Windows 10 user profile with the same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse Windows 10 user profile with the same email address: HiI am currently using Windows 10. I noticed my user profile is about to corrupt when I cannot use the windows search function., same problem as before. If I change to other user, I can use the windows search function as normal. Are there any solution to corrupted user...
  10. Reuse Windows 10 user profile with the same email address