Windows 10: ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10

Discus and support ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 tablet has frozen up after an update. The Windows start up scenery picture appears plus my name but when I tried to enter my password the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jon Mordecai, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10

My Windows 10 tablet has frozen up after an update. The Windows start up scenery picture appears plus my name but when I tried to enter my password the keyboard did not appear to enable me to do so. I then recalled that I had a keyboard for tablets that connects through the Micro USB port. That worked and I entered the password. then it took about 5 minutes to give me the ProfSvc message. Then the keyboard did not work. So I logged onto the Microsoft site and changed my password. Restarted the tablet. This time the keypad worked but the response is the password is wrong. Help! Most of the advice about this relates to PC's running Windows 10 but the processes given there cant work on a tablet which dos not have Microsoft key.

:)

Jon Mordecai, Nov 29, 2018
  2. DonWyman Win User

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
  4. ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10

need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10

1. ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ProfSvc problem tablet

2. Tablet Driver not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet Driver not running: So my tablet driver is not running. Ive tried restarting my desktop computer multiple times and I have no idea how to access the driver. The desktop model is the inspiron 387. I can go into the login screen and everything works perfectly fine, but once I login to my account...
  3. Problems with Windows 10 on dualboot tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Windows 10 on dualboot tablet: After a recent Windows 10 update, my dualboot tablet Windows and Android can no longer run Windows. I have run all of the automatic fixes offered by Windows, including reset, and none of them works. I can get into the command prompt which says: x:windows\system32...
  4. Windows 10 ProfSvc delays boot significantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ProfSvc delays boot significantly: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 1909, my system is desktop i5-8500 3GHz 16GB RAM 120GB SSD + 3TB HDD for file storage. For a long time, Windows used to display the login screen in about 20 seconds after powering on my system. However I have noticed in the last few months...
  5. Toshiba encore tablet running windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba encore tablet running windows 10: I cannot get keyboards to appear at sign in screen. can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-encore-tablet-running-windows-10/2e8fd1f0-c871-4e91-91df-4f0ff840a184
  6. Tablet problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet problem: During an update, the spring update, the tablet ran out of battery power and shut down. The update was not finished and when It turned it on after recharging it goes into a loop that says it is trying to reinstall an previous version of win10. The tablet is an HP stream 8....
  7. Windows 10 running horribly on low end tablet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running horribly on low end tablet: Upgraded from Windows 8.1 (ran perfectly) to Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite Click Mini and it runs like this (not my video): Hyper Lag and unusable Windows 10 - YouTube A complete slide-show, basically. I'd just like some confirmation (before I go back to Windows...
  8. Windows 10 tablet, reinstall problems.

Windows 10 tablet, reinstall problems.: Ok, so I have this windows 10 tablet (dragon touch i8 pro) i decided to reset it to factory settings. When it got to 64% of installing windows it apparently turned off i ran into an error so i fixed it. Now when I turn it on it goes the "installing windows" screen and...
  9. Tablet Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet Problem: My Windows 10 tablet randomly freezes and brings me to a blue screen saying something along the lines of this pc ran into problems and will restart in 30 seconds or so. Has anybody else experienced this and is there a way to remody it? 26127
  10. 8" tablet running win 10

8" tablet running win 10: Hi guys ive read all that you've posted here but it doesn't cover my problem, i have a 8" tablet running win 10 (upgraded from 8.1 bing) i want to sell the thing as ive bought another, So tried to reset & it just gets stuck. Either a blank screen or the tablet logo with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix profsvc error on my tablet