Windows 10: Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

Discus and support Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stevenbtigtog66, May 30, 2023.

1. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast memory cards for cameras, most popular are their SD and CF Express type B cards, they also sell a very good well built and fast transfer speeds card reader that does both types. The card reader works via USB-C.Some users have had trouble getting the card reader and cards to come up in Win10. The reader doesn't show up when plugged into a USB 3.0 type A slot. I had this issue on my desktop and it wasn't/isn't the cards or the reader itself as

:)

stevenbtigtog66, May 30, 2023
  2. 57Scooter Win User

W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card

Equipment, Windows 10 Pro (W10)

(Nikon Z9 Camera), (Prograde PGCFX650GCPNA, Compact Flash Express Type B Media Card) and (Prograde Card Reader) oem usb3 supplied cord.

Issue: W10 will not open or read the media card when inserted into usb 3.0.

I do hear the computer beep as it recognizes something has been plugged in.

The W10 File Explorer will not automatically pop up.

When I manually open up file explorer the media card is not there, no drive letter.

I have gone into Disk Management and found the card with no drive letter assigned automatically.

I assigned the card a drive letter and went through the steps.

I then went back into File Explorer and the card is now there and the images are accessible ... BUT

After removing the card from the reader or unplugging the reader from the computer, then re-inserting the card back into the reader, W10 will not read the card again! I have to go back through the same Disk Management steps again and assign a drive letter.

I have been told the card is a NVME which W10 sees as a hard drive disk and this is why W10 will not read it when inserted to usb 3.

I can view the images from W10 when the camera is connected directly to the computer to usb 3.

I can format the card when it is inside the Z9 Camera... BUT

I CanNot Format the card in W10 as I get a pop up the card is Write Protected!

I CanNot Rename the card, Write Protected!

The Prograde card reader is dual slot, The SD Slot Works Perfectly, fully functional!

Card Properties (SEE IMAGES)

The SD Card Slot shows the Card Type to be REMOVABLE

The CF Express show the Card Type to be LOCAL

Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED 070dbfd9-84f2-42da-9730-9f11cec0d511?upload=true.jpg

I have seen countless forums with the same issue with different brand cards CF Express type B but I have not found a resolution!

I have contacted the manufacture Prograde several times and they are contacting Nikon.

The computer is up to date.

Does anyone have a Solid SOLVED on this issue?

57Scooter, May 30, 2023
  3. 57Scooter Win User

Prograde sent me 2 new cards that are working perfect.

57Scooter, May 30, 2023
  4. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

Same problem, but I looked up the device in the explorer, did a troubleshoot, Win10 claimed it did something and after a restart all was solved.

Bart van Overbeeke, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

1. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED - Similar Threads - Prograde Express Type

2. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  3. Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home does not detect my CF Express Type B/XQD card reader and card.: HiI have a card reader that can take CF express cards and sd cards.When i put a sd card in the reader it shows up and I can access the card, but when I put the CF express card in there nothing shows up.If I go to control panel it shows something is plugged in but when i look...
  4. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED: Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast memory cards for cameras, most popular are their SD and CF Express type B cards, they also sell a very good well built and...
  5. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED: Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast memory cards for cameras, most popular are their SD and CF Express type B cards, they also sell a very good well built and...
  6. W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card: Equipment, Windows 10 Pro W10 Nikon Z9 Camera, Prograde PGCFX650GCPNA, Compact Flash Express Type B Media Card and Prograde Card Reader oem usb3 supplied cord.Issue: W10 will not open or read the media card when inserted into usb 3.0.I do hear the computer beep as it...
  7. W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card: Equipment, Windows 10 Pro W10 Nikon Z9 Camera, Prograde PGCFX650GCPNA, Compact Flash Express Type B Media Card and Prograde Card Reader oem usb3 supplied cord.Issue: W10 will not open or read the media card when inserted into usb 3.0.I do hear the computer beep as it...
  8. W10 Will Not Recognize Prograde CF Express Type B Card

9. USB CF Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  10. CF CARD READER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CF CARD READER: I have a CF card from a canon rebel and I have a ugreen adapter to plug it into the computer but I can't open it, how do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cf-card-reader/1570ed60-6326-48d8-b4ba-0e8cbb10cdd6"