Windows 10: Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

Discus and support Program blocked when I'm trying to install it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys! I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Darcorn, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Darcorn Win User

Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

Hey guys!

I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's just an OK button. Is there a way to go around this?

:)

Darcorn, Aug 6, 2015

2. I am trying to install a program but when I try it says "Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete then try again.

If restarting doesn't resolve the problem:

Right click task bar to open Task Manager. If necessary show More Details

On Details tab look for msiexec.exe, highlight to End Task.

Now try install or uninstall again.

If this doesn’t help you can try to repair Windows Installer using the script at
    Repair MSI (Windows Installer) - MajorGeeks

This can be symptomatic of corruption. I would go over the integrity of your install by working through the steps for
    Windows 10 Performance Troubleshooting - Microsoft Community .

Feel free to ask back any questions, or report back results as you go.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 6, 2015
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    I am trying to install a program but when I try it says "Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete then try again.

This means either another application is currently using the install interface, or there is a system restart pending. To fix the issue, restart your PC.

Let us know if this works because the issue can sometimes be more complicated.

aakkam22, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

1. Program blocked when I'm trying to install it - Similar Threads - Program blocked I'm

2. Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.: Hi all,I am trying to install some software for remote work. Every time it tries to extract and install vcredist_x64.exe, the installation errors out and gives me this error message: "Error installing Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ redistributable. The librairs being updated...
  3. Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting C++ error when trying to install a program.: Hi all,I am trying to install some software for remote work. Every time it tries to extract and install vcredist_x64.exe, the installation errors out and gives me this error message: "Error installing Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++ redistributable. The librairs being updated...
  4. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  5. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  6. Black Screen when Trying to install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen when Trying to install a program: Every time I try to install a program, I get a black screen instead of the user account control prompt. It still makes the sound but shows a black screen. I can use CtrL-Alt-Del to get out of it but then it doesn't install the program. This also happens when I try to...
  7. I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.: Recently I was uninstalling a lot of video game-related things like Steam, Origin, etc. I have a different computer I use for games now. As I was trying to uninstall one of them, I think something glitched because now nothing I try and uninstall will uninstall anymore. It...
  8. pc freeze when i try to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  9. error displayed when trying to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error displayed when trying to install a program: I have tried to install Corel PSP 5 pro but get the error message" check internet connection then try again". I have internet connection and I configured my firewall to allow the download. I always get the same error msg. I have Norton Antiviris but didn't know if that was...
  10. Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program.: After I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, I moved on to do a clean install of that OS. But what I noticed was that after I installed a few drivers, (Intel HD Graphics + nVidia + Chipset, maybe I wasn't installing enough?) after log-in the laptop seem to freeze and takes a...