Windows 10: program blocking for child account

Discus and support program blocking for child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dumhed, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Dumhed Win User

program blocking for child account

In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password.

I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did this feature just get removed? Was it removed in Windows 8?

:)

Dumhed, Aug 22, 2015

2. Microsoft family

1. I am the admin of the computer.

2. Its not blocking the websites its blocking the browser program entirely

3. Chrome opens but I have stuff i I need on Firefox

PS The computer used to be used by a child account but ive removed that and its been removed from the family. It must be that it is stuck on something that it blocked before on the child account but it wont realise now im not in even in a family!

FraserClough, Aug 22, 2015
  3. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Dumhed Win User

Another thought... Does anyone know of a good program that can accomplish this? I looked at Qustodio. But their program blocking is dependent on the user having first tried to use an application.

Dumhed, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Dumhed Win User
    I tried asking this with Windows Support... once on the phone I was on hold for 3 hours.... I gave up on that one. Then I tried the "ask microsoft" route and got two unhelpful responses from them. *Sad

Dumhed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. program blocking for child account - Similar Threads - program blocking child

2. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  3. Cannot access a program on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access a program on child account: Hello,I have installed a program on my child's account, but I can only access it from the main account on the computer. How do make it so my child can access the intalled program?...
  4. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. User Account Control Blocking Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Blocking Programs: I am unable to launch my accounting program after installing it on my new laptop. User account control blocks it. How can I get around this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/user-account-control-blocking-programs/369c4290-bf10-4dd1-bc75-27196e8e85c3
  7. Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex: Hi, I want to whitelist all URLS that contains the edu.gr If regex was supported I would write *edu.gr* But I cannot add this setting to my child Is it somehow possible?...
  8. Blocking adult family account by child?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b
  9. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  10. Programs not showing up on child's account

Programs not showing up on child's account: Hi, I have 2 labtops both with different child's accounts on them. On one of them, the downloaded apps, like Chrome and Firefox show up on both mine and my child's. However, on the other one, only the Chrome shows up. I can't figure out how to access Firefox from the...