Windows 10: Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error

Discus and support Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some PC gamers may encounter the error message D3DRM.dll is not loaded or The program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing from your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error

Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error Program-cant-start-because-d3drm.dll-is-missing.png
    Some PC gamers may encounter the error message D3DRM.dll is not loaded or The program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing from your computer when trying to launch legacy games on Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming rig. This post provides the most suitable solutions to fix this issue in no time! What is d3drm.dll? […]

This article Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 15, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User

The program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing . . .

Windows 10 x64

An application, at first launch, reports the "The program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing"

Noticed that whilst doing a search on this d3dx9_27.dll it mostly involves old threads and I am unsure as to whether I need to update Windows 10 with old drivers or so.

Any suggestions would be appreciate.

Thanks
    =

tfwul, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Games not working dll missing error

Hi Javan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which game are you trying to play?

• Were you able to play this game before?

• Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This might occur when some of the DLL file is missing from the application.

I suggest you to Uninstall the game and try installing it again and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error

The program can't start because d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Does the game meet the system requirements?

2. Which version of DirectX is currently installed in your PC?

3. Do you face this issue only with this game in question?

d3dx9_34.dll errors typically appear when a software program, usually a game, is started. Occasionally, d3dx9_34.dll errors will display after a game is loaded but right before the game starts.

With respect to the .dll error I would suggest that you perform the methods that are mentioned belo and check.

Method 1:

Re boot your system and try running the game and check.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install the game and check if you still receive the same .dll error.

Method 3:

Download the latest Direct X updates from the official Microsoft website

Set Cryptographic Services to automatic and then try to install the program again. To set the Cryptographic Services to
    Automatic, follow these steps:

• Open Run Command (Windows button + R)
    • In the dialog box type services.msc
    • Locate Cryptographic Services,
    • Double click on it.
    • Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click
      Start.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error

1. Program can’t start because d3drm.dll is missing – Legacy Game error - Similar Threads - Program can’t start

2. The program can’t start because dxgi.dll is missing from your computer

in Windows 10 News
    The program can’t start because dxgi.dll is missing from your computer: [ATTACH]If while using or installing certain programs, performing a Windows shutdown or booting Windows, or maybe even during a Windows installation, and you encounter the error message The program can’t start because dxgi.dll is missing from your computer, then this post is...
  3. The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-i1-1-0.dll is missing from your...

in Windows 10 News
    The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-i1-1-0.dll is missing from your...: When opening programs including PC games on your Windows 10 device, you may encounter the error message The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-i1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. If you’re affected by this issue, you can try the solutions provided in...
  4. The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try...: I have tried to install several programs and have gotten this message "The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." But when i look at sysWOW64 and system32 the file is there and i have removed...
  5. Missing dll error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll error: [IMG]Every time my laptop boots up, I get this error. I have also noticed that System32 appeared in my frequent folders, even I have not been in System32 recently. Should I be concerned? If this is an important dll, can someone provide a download? I honestly have no idea how...
  6. The program can’t start because XYZ.dll is missing from your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The program can’t start because XYZ.dll is missing from your computer: Hello dear friends I encounter the following error and I could not find the right one for it The program can’t start because XYZ.dll is missing from your computer https://www.barbariyab.ir/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Errorr.jpg...
  7. The program can't start because msvcr120.dll and vcruntime140.dll is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The program can't start because msvcr120.dll and vcruntime140.dll is missing: hi, "The program can't start because msvcr120.dlland vcruntime140.dll is missing from my computer" after installation/run of Wampserver 64bit. I require wampserver to run with sqlyog community 64bit. I've tried re-installing the wampserver - failed attempts. My windows is up...
  8. Final Fantasy 15 and other games not launching because of missing DLL.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Final Fantasy 15 and other games not launching because of missing DLL.: This is the second time i wasn't able to launch a game (in this case FF15) because one of the last Windows updates removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and several of my games are dependent on it. I am now stuck with the 2017 version which means that every time i tried to...
  9. The program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing . . .: Windows 10 x64 An application, at first launch, reports the "The program can't start because d3dx9_27.dll is missing" Noticed that whilst doing a search on this d3dx9_27.dll it mostly involves old threads and I am unsure as to whether I need to update Windows 10 with...
  10. Program Can't Start Because Combase.dll is Missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Can't Start Because Combase.dll is Missing...: Solved Edit: Did not find a fix and performed clean install by wiping drive and recovering from backup. Currently cannot run any .exe [Edit: I can run certain programs examples below], trying to do so will prompt the message "The program can't start because...