Windows 10: Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

Discus and support Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the past couple of days, my computer started throwing the following error roughly every 15 minutes. [Window Title] Program Compatibility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rev John, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Rev John Win User

Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

Over the past couple of days, my computer started throwing the following error roughly every 15 minutes.

[Window Title]
    Program Compatibility Assistant

[Main Instruction]
    A driver cannot load on this device

Driver: Config.sys

Config.sys

A security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this driver.

[ ] Don't show this message again [Learn more] [Close]

Learn more appears to want to open a browser, but is failing to load any browser I set as default when Firefox was set, it complained the profile couldn't load, when Edgium is set, nothing happens.

I could select don't show this message again and dust my hands of this, but I want to know what is trying to open config.sys every 15 minutes and then maybe figure out if I need to dig out the security setting.

:)

Rev John, Jul 9, 2020

2. Turn off Program Compatibility Mode

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing with compatibility on Windows 10?

I suggest you to stop the Program Compatibility Assistant service
    and check if it helps.

This service provides support for program compatibility assistant. PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects unknown compatibility problems. If this service is stopped PCA will not work properly.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc
      in the Start Search box.
    • Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Program Compatibility Assistant service and select
      Stop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    UFile2015 tax program not compatible in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps

Refer the steps to install a program in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

How to stop the Compatibility Assistant at Windows 10 ? [SOLVED] !!!

Hi,

Program Compatibility Assistant automatically excludes programs running from network locations and programs containing fixes applied to them in the application compatibility databases. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d
    like to verify the following:

• Are you getting any issues with Compatibility Assistant?
    • Did you receive any error messages or error codes?
    • What is the build version of Windows installed on your device?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

1. Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys - Similar Threads - Program Compatibility Assistant

2. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  3. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  4. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  5. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  6. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  7. program compatibility assistant cannot load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program compatibility assistant cannot load.: I received an error that reads" program compatibility assistant a driver cannot load on this device." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-compatibility-assistant-cannot-load/d6119094-6160-4d77-8d8e-0520412fc50b
  8. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  9. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop program compatibility assistant notifications: when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use gpedit.msc since i'm on 10 home. the prompt looks like this. windows 10 home [1909, build 18363.1256] submitted by...
  10. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130