Windows 10: Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft.

Discus and support Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I needed to reinstall my HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Printer. Having downloaded and installed the software, I received the following message display:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanWhiteBoss, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft.

I needed to reinstall my HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Printer. Having downloaded and installed the software, I received the following message display: 'Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft. - This app can’t run because it causes security or performance issues on Windows. A new version may be available. Check with your software provider for an updated version that runs on this version of windows'. I have downloaded and installed the most up to date version of the printer install software from the official HP site, so I can't achieve what the displayed message suggests, i.e. there is no updated version available. My printer does not now fully function. According to my Windows Settings, the Windows version I am running is: 'Edition – Windows 10 Home - Version – 2004 - Installed on 09/09/2020 - OS Build – 19041.746'. Is there anything I can do to address and overcome this problem?

Many thanks

Regards

Ian

Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft. 13f0244a-e1c8-4fc4-8f54-0ec527f068a3?upload=true.jpg

* Moved from Bing/Bing apps

:)

IanWhiteBoss, Jan 24, 2021

2. Bing Bar App for Windows 10

Hi Shirley,

We would like to advise you that the Bing Bar app is not compatible yet with Windows 10. Since its creating conflict when installing other device/program on your PC, we recommend uninstalling the Bing Bar app for the meantime by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Apps & features.
    • Open the Settings app and click the Programs and Features link under the Related settings section.
    • Once you are in the Control Panel window, scroll down and look for the Bing Bar app.
    • Right-click the app and click Uninstall.

After performing the steps above, kindly advise us with the result.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Bing app and Microsoft document printer XPS errors

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

Lets try some more troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to reinstall the printer driver in compatibility mode and also try to check the apps list.

Step 1: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if any Bing Sport app is present in the Apps list.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Choose System.

4. Then click on Apps and features.

5. Check if any Bing Sport app is present in the app list or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using printer on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft.

I do not want Bing Bar

Hello,

Bing Bar is not compatible with Windows 10

Did you have the toolbar installed in the past? If yes, please do the following.

Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features

· In the currently installed programs list, select Bing Bar and then click
    Remove.

· Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Bing Bar from your computer.

Remove these folders if any:

a. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Bing Bar

b. C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\BingBar

Once you've uninstalled Bing Bar, you should no longer see updates for the software.

Smittychat., Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft.

1. Program Compatibility Assistant - This app can’t run on this device. - Bing Bar – Microsoft. - Similar Threads - Program Compatibility Assistant

2. svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage: Ok so, I'm just using my computer normally, and I noticed that the performance is a bit slower than usual and the temps are up by 65 centigrade average. This is very high for me because my previous normal was just 53-56 centigrade. I checked Task Manager and noticed...
  3. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop program compatibility assistant notifications: when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use gpedit.msc since i'm on 10 home. the prompt looks like this. windows 10 home [1909, build 18363.1256] submitted by...
  4. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant: [ATTACH] I get this appearing on screen after boot up. Then it will randomly appear while the PC is running. If I walk away I can come back and see 45+ windows with this error message have appeared and I need to close them. It is affecting my PC performance and...
  5. App Not Compatible With Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Not Compatible With Device.: Since I am using this computer at the moment I am trying to install apps on it but since this computer never got any updates (everytime this one is supposed to get an update there is a space related issue) but I get 'app is not compatible with this device'. 165083
  6. Microsoft store apps are not compatible with my device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps are not compatible with my device: My Microsoft store is not working after the window 10 update...i want install apps but apps are not compatible with my device.....how can i fix this? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys: Over the past couple of days, my computer started throwing the following error roughly every 15 minutes. [Window Title] Program Compatibility Assistant [Main Instruction] A driver cannot load on this device Driver: Config.sys Config.sys A security setting is preventing...
  8. Microsoft Store This App is not compatible with this device

Microsoft Store This App is not compatible with this device: Ok so I get "This App is not compatible with this device" with every single app that is in the store. Problem is thought it was just the device I was using until I tried with another device. Device one. hp pavilion dv running windows 10 home, V1511 OS build 10586.0...
  9. Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!

Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!: Hello, I've been frustrated after having to restore my PC to default. After restoring, I can no longer download apps in theMicrosoft Store. Apps that I know have worked on my device before now have the "Free" or"Get" button is grayed out and an exclamation underneath says,...
  10. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Compatibility Assistant: ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130