Windows 10: Program completely freezes when it is the active window

Discus and support Program completely freezes when it is the active window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On attempt to open an application on my Windows 10 PC, in this case, Minecraft Windows 10, the program will completely freeze and appear to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lightning486, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Program completely freezes when it is the active window

On attempt to open an application on my Windows 10 PC, in this case, Minecraft Windows 10, the program will completely freeze and appear to stop working. This is only the case when the program is the active window. When I focus to a different window, the program will function as normal. I tried to display with video here: https://streamable.com/h7aalw

In the video, I go to open Minecraft normally by clicking on it in my taskbar. The game loads up as it should for a couple of seconds, and then freezes. If I focus off of it by using ALT + TAB to go to a different window, it works as I described above

I am suspecting that this might be an issue with the game itself since this is the only application that seems to be having this problem, but I am really not sure

Some things I have tried:
    Checking for software updates on my PC I am running the latest version
    Updating my GeForce Game Ready Drivers This was a temporary fix. I have the latest version which is 461.72, released on 02/25/2021
    Deleting and re-installing the game.

:)

Lightning486, Feb 27, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Program completely freezes when it is the active window :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Program completely freezes when it is the active window

My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Program completely freezes when it is the active window

1. Program completely freezes when it is the active window - Similar Threads - Program completely freezes

2. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  3. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  4. BSOD or complete freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD or complete freeze: Hi,I keep getting a random BSOD/Random hard freeze and I am trying to analyze the dump file information and I believe it is telling me that its being caused by BEDaisy aka Battle Eye anticheat but I need someone to confirm and help me figure this out please. I got new RAM...
  5. Windows 20H2 completely freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 20H2 completely freezes when idle: Started happening about a month ago. It doesn’t happen always but when it does the only solution is a hard shutdown (long power button press). Some observations: Only happens when idle or with a light load. (Browsing, MS Office, etc.) Never happens with heavy load (Gaming...
  6. System freezes completly

System freezes completly: It begann a few days ago. I closed microsoft edge and everything froze. I couldnt interact with anything including task manager. After restarting my computer today, itwas the same ( i completely turned it off, waited 10 minutes, turned it on again and nothing worked). My...
  7. Computer freezes but not completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  8. not completely close the program when pressing X

not completely close the program when pressing X: On MacOS when hitting the red cross the window of the program closes but the program stays active. Is it possible to adjust this setting in windows 10 so that the program stays active when pressing X? submitted by /u/Sir_Fishi [link] [comments]...
  9. Complete freeze at random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete freeze at random.: PC freezes up seemingly at random, can be playing a game, watching a movie or just sitting idle. If I leave it on and unattended I come back to find it in bios and after a reboot it works fine. With current version of windows it happens occasionally once a week roughly when...
  10. Programs freezing when going to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs freezing when going to print: Hi all, I have recently started experiencing a problem when trying to print, from whatever program I use. When I click file > Print or press Ctrl+P the program freezes, before the printing dialogue window appears. The only way I can get around this is to run the...