Windows 10: Program crashes on one user but not another.

Discus and support Program crashes on one user but not another. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am making this post in a desperate manor. I have a client here using Act! as a program. I sat on their support for 4 hours on 2 separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CSADMIN09, Jun 16, 2020.

1. CSADMIN09 Win User

Program crashes on one user but not another.

Hello. I am making this post in a desperate manor. I have a client here using Act! as a program. I sat on their support for 4 hours on 2 separate occasions with no solution to be found. Every time I try to launch and use program, it crashes on me. But, if I use a different profile on the client machine, it works just fine. However the user profile I am on is necessary. I know I have all the permissions I need to use the program, I have no problem connecting to my server, I have tried uninstalling and re installing the program, with the help of their support and got nowhere. Still will not launch on this user. I have this same problem on the only other client computer in the network. I am at a loss here. Any ideas would help. Thank you.

:)

CSADMIN09, Jun 16, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Program crashes on one user but not another.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Program crashes on one user but not another.

1. Program crashes on one user but not another. - Similar Threads - Program crashes user

2. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  3. How to move one program to another pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move one program to another pc: I have a program that is currently installed on my working pc. My windows 10 does not seems to be stable because every few weeks it will crash and will not startup. I have to keep restoring it from a image that I luckily created before. I got a new pc and would like to...
  4. Transferring the Users from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring the Users from one drive to another.: I got a new HDD and i would like to move my existing User to that new drive. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-the-users-from-one-drive-to-another/f0bb506e-2d91-4bc5-9461-0efe31c2d568
  5. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  6. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  7. How do I uninstall a program from one user but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall a program from one user but not another?: Hello everyone, Can someone please tell me how to delete a program on one user but not another? So here's some info about my problem. I have 2 accounts on my computer... one for schoolwork and another for gaming. The schoolwork one is my admin account whereas my gaming...
  8. Two programs will not open in one account but will in another

Two programs will not open in one account but will in another: I have two programs that will not open in one of my accounts but they will open in a second account I created just to see if they would. Anyone have a idea on what is going on and how to fix this problem? I have uninstalled both of the programs and reinstalled them with the...
  9. Computer visible to one user but not another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer visible to one user but not another: I have 3 computers on my home network, two are Windows 10 desktops, one is Windows 7 laptop. I'll call them 10-1, 10-2, and 7. 10-1 can see 10-2 and 7. 7 can see 10-1 and 10-2. 10-2 can see 7 but CANNOT see 10-1. What can cause this problem? All are Ethernet...
  10. Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user: Hi, Is it possible to migrate settings, programs and files to another user in Windows 10 Pro? Or... Is it possible to just change the user accounts name, email address etc without having to migrate anything? If so, how? Thanks. 19611