Windows 10: Program crashing on start

Discus and support Program crashing on start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everytime I open a program it opens for a second and shows in the task bar without a logo tho and doesn't display anything and just closes, In event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timjans01, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Timjans01 Win User

Program crashing on start

Everytime I open a program it opens for a second and shows in the task bar without a logo tho and doesn't display anything and just closes,

In event manager I found this error It's translated from dutch

File cannot be accessed for one of the following reasons: There is a problem with the network connection, with the disk where the file is stored, with the storage drivers on this computer, or the disk is missing. FortniteLauncher.exe program was closed because of this error.

The program is written in C++ if that matters,

Antivirus is disabled, enabling doesn't change anything

:)

Timjans01, Jan 8, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Program crashing on start

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Program crashing on start

1. Program crashing on start - Similar Threads - Program crashing start

2. Programs Start Crashing at 60-70% RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Start Crashing at 60-70% RAM Usage: So I recently set up a PC purely intended for remote user usage. I have about 60 users on there. The machine is the following setup:Windows 10 Proi9-12900K128GB RAM500GB SSD No Graphics Card.Whenever the ram usage reaches about 75-85GB, Chromes start crashing, logins are...
  3. Programs Start Crashing at 60-70% RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Start Crashing at 60-70% RAM Usage: So I recently set up a PC purely intended for remote user usage. I have about 60 users on there. The machine is the following setup:Windows 10 Proi9-12900K128GB RAM500GB SSD No Graphics Card.Whenever the ram usage reaches about 75-85GB, Chromes start crashing, logins are...
  4. Programs Start Crashing at 60-70% RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Programs start in Suspended and then crash

Programs start in Suspended and then crash: I recently forced close a game that was frozen. I tried to restart the game but it starts in suspended mode on the task manager and then crashes. This also happens to other games and some windows processes device manager, event viewer, msconfig. This happened once and I...
  6. all programs/games crashing when there are started

all programs/games crashing when there are started: when i try to open the trouble shoot or other programs like Microsoft edge or other programs the crash and i can't do anything help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-programsgames-crashing-when-there-are-started/4ee9be79-ba40-4726-90c3-b0f437773c00
  7. Programs crash upon starting them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs crash upon starting them: Hello, since the morning of last Saturday, most programs (including Zoom, Spotify, Cura, some windows repair tools, etc.) Crash after 3 seconds of running them. I reinstalled windows both from the menu and a usb drive. Nothing changed. Any help possible? submitted by...
  8. Programs Crashing

Programs Crashing: My programs seem to be crashing especially demanding games, yes my windows specs are good enough for the games i play, my windows and drivers are up to date, i did a clean GPU drivers install and the problem still is happening. These problems are all happening after my pc had...
  9. Programs that require internet crash upon start up.

Programs that require internet crash upon start up.: Hello, my name is Tony! I have been experiencing a problem with my 64-bit Lenovo IdeaPad, Windows 10. It first occurred on December 2nd, 2019, where it would not run any program unless it was a browser or a program that is hard wired in the system like task manager and would...
  10. Program Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Crashing: Hi, I have had a photoshop app installed in my system for years. Never had a problem with it. My computer now post a crashed program .."Printshop.exe" has recently crashed. I have done a clean boot, I have scanned for viruses, I have had the program uninstalled and...