Windows 10: Program Data folder blocked

Discus and support Program Data folder blocked in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I update to the October 2020 update on my PC I was having issues with my discord, so I decided to reinstall it upon opening the installer I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pokemongodiscord1, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Program Data folder blocked

I update to the October 2020 update on my PC I was having issues with my discord, so I decided to reinstall it upon opening the installer I got this message. I have a Lenovo E73 Mini Tower running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with an Intel Core i5-4460S. Can anyone help me out this is a personal computer and I don't have an admin so IDK why it's blocked.

submitted by /u/Pokemongodiscord1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pokemongodiscord1, Oct 31, 2020

2. Windows 10. Where is program data folder?

Hi Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

The program date folder contains application data for all users. The program date folder is hidden folder in Windows by default. As you are unable to find the program date folder, I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to the C drive.
    • Click on view.
    • Check on the box Hidden items.
    • If you are still unable to see the program date folder then click on Options next to hidden items.
    • Go to view tab.
    • Under hidden files and folder, select show hidden files, folders and drives.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.
    • Now, again go to C diver the program date folder shall be available.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10. Where is program data folder?

But how can I unhide the following hidden folder ???

Rafiul Bashar Nahin, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Program Data folder blocked

How to set my Program Data settings to default?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the permission of the Program data file has been altered.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What happens when you try to install a program?
    • What changes were made to the program data folder?
    • Are you installing the program from Microsoft store or CD/DVD or online?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to follow these steps and check.

Fix the permissions of the Packages folder

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to this location:
      C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local
    2. Now in the Local folder, locate the Packages
      folder.
    3. Right click on Packages and select
      Properties.
    4. Click the Security Tab, then click Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed have full control.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Program Data folder blocked

1. Program Data folder blocked - Similar Threads - Program Data folder

2. mntemp in program data folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  3. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  4. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program data folder is a ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program data folder is a ghost folder: I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say...
  6. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs: Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for your advice! 157005
  7. Program Data folder relocation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Data folder relocation: Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it is possible to change the localisation of folderC:/ProgramData to another drive? if yes,could someone give me instructions please.very please. Thank you Best regards Tomasz...
  8. Controlled folder access blocked a program

Controlled folder access blocked a program: Hi. I daily get notification on windows 10 about blocking of xyz by controlled folder access to memory. But I have already included that app in allowed apps still I get this daily. Somebody help. Thanks...
  9. How to block a complete program folder ?

How to block a complete program folder ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  10. Unhide Program Data in root folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhide Program Data in root folder: Is it safe to "unhide" the Program Data folder in your windows installation root? I mean; right click, press "properties" and then untick the "hidden" option. I've just done it, but got a warning saying it could not do it to all files. 76299

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 20h2 no programdata folder