Windows 10: Program data folder is a ghost folder

Discus and support Program data folder is a ghost folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shrobe, Sep 2, 2021.

1. shrobe Win User

Program data folder is a ghost folder

I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say this as a confused person with a gaming pc and don't understand much about. I now get a blinking light when the pc is shut down. I do remember before I left for that weekend my computer froze randomly and I had to press a button on the back to turn it back on. Please don't make fun of me I just want my performance restored.

:)

shrobe, Sep 2, 2021
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Program data folder is a ghost folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Program data folder is a ghost folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Program data folder is a ghost folder

Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Program data folder is a ghost folder

1. Program data folder is a ghost folder - Similar Threads - Program data folder

2. mntemp in program data folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  3. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  4. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  6. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  7. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  8. Program Data folder blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program Data folder blocked: I update to the October 2020 update on my PC I was having issues with my discord, so I decided to reinstall it upon opening the installer I got this message. I have a Lenovo E73 Mini Tower running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with an Intel Core i5-4460S. Can anyone help me out this is...
  9. Program Data folder relocation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Data folder relocation: Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it is possible to change the localisation of folderC:/ProgramData to another drive? if yes,could someone give me instructions please.very please. Thank you Best regards Tomasz...
  10. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post. Thank you. 51151