Windows 10: Program does not appear in default app list

Discus and support Program does not appear in default app list in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Louis Galinou, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Program does not appear in default app list

Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of nothing.When I go change the default app in settings, it does not show Neoconnect in the list and the only option is the win store.I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app multiple times, with reboots in between.Weirdest part is that works normally on one computer but not on the second. They are litteraly the same computer bought and configured the exact same way and day.

:)

Louis Galinou, Feb 1, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

Hi, this is not so easy - the question has been asked before, if you care to search tenforums.
    One example illustrating some of the keys involved:

How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?

Another angle:
    Cannot change default program

See too this extended discussion
    Add a program to the list of Default Programs? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Default Programs Editor (free) - mentioned in above:

Program does not appear in default app list 318017d1612772705t-how-add-programs-default-apps-list-1.png

dalchina, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches.

It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I know I can choose "Look
    for an app in Microsoft store", but I do not want to do that.

Th reason why this is important i that there is a media key on the keybord, and for what I understand, it opens the application that is set as default media player.

Uffe Peter Walderö, Feb 1, 2023
  4. kormath Win User

Program does not appear in default app list

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Program does not appear in default app list :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Program does not appear in default app list

1. Program does not appear in default app list - Similar Threads - Program does appear

2. Where does "all apps" list programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does "all apps" list programs: Hi, I have 2 questions1 In the star menu, when I click on "All apps", where does it look to list the apps?2 What are the difference between the following folders maybe related to the question aboveC:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  3. Where does "all apps" list programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does "all apps" list programs: Hi, I have 2 questions1 In the star menu, when I click on "All apps", where does it look to list the apps?2 What are the difference between the following folders maybe related to the question aboveC:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  4. Program does not appear in default app list

Program does not appear in default app list: Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of nothing.When I go change the default app in settings, it does not show Neoconnect in the list and the only option is the win...
  5. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  6. How to add programs to the Default Apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add programs to the Default Apps list?: I mean the list that shows up when you go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps. You can "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store", but I want to add a .exe. I know you can set default apps by file type or protocol, but this is much easier and I don't have to set them one by one...
  7. App I want to select does not appear in list of apps in choose default apps by type

in Windows 10 Customization
    App I want to select does not appear in list of apps in choose default apps by type: I want my image files to open in Photoshop by default. So under Settings > Choose Default Apps by Type I went, for example to .jpg andc clicked and selected Photoshop 2021 from the list of apps. However, when I go to .png the list of apps only inlcudes Photos, Paint, Paint...
  8. Default app list doesn't appear

Default app list doesn't appear: I need to change my default pdf-reading. When I tried to bring up the "select app by file type" page, all I get is the header and nothing else? How do I fix it?...
  9. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

Adding programs to the list of Default Apps: I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches. It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I...
  10. Apps & Games lists a program that does not exist

Apps & Games lists a program that does not exist: I uninstalled the Sims 4 months ago but a logoless version of the program still is listed under apps and games inside the settings. When I click to uninstall, it says that C:/Programfiles(x86)/The Sims 4/unins000.exe does not exist. It also says in apps and games that it's...