Windows 10: Program doesn't show in search results

Discus and support Program doesn't show in search results in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EBFH, Jul 13, 2020.

1. EBFH Win User

Program doesn't show in search results

When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name.
    What can be the reason?
    Is the problem on the program or Windows' Program doesn't show in search results 3961bb8b-e298-40b6-a67e-3712318c8aca?upload=true.jpg end?

:)

2. Remonator Win User

Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Brian_312 Win User
    Uninstalled program still showing up in "Search Windows" search results

A program is still showing up in my "Search Windows" results even after I uninstalled it. I have checked my installed programs list and checked my drive for any leftover files but could not find anything. What can I do to solve this?

Brian_312, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Program doesn't show in search results

Most Used List not showing correct results

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Did you by any change right clicked on the program from the Most used list and selected the option
    Don't show in this list?

If you have selected the Don't show in this list
    option then the program will not appear again in the Most used list.

I would suggest you to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "System Maintenance".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Program doesn't show in search results

1. Program doesn't show in search results - Similar Threads - Program doesn't show

2. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Cortana
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  3. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  4. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  6. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  7. Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories

in Cortana
    Windows Start Menu Search doesn't show search results for some categories: Hi, My Windows Search bar the one on my taskbar isn't showing my any results for only some categories. If I start typing just a few letters I immediately get results for apps, settings, and people if applicable, but even if I type just 2-3 letters and ask for results within...
  8. Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Programs that I have had for a long time do still appear in search results. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer, restarting the...
  9. Search doesn't search programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't search programs: Whenever I want to search for a specific program it doesn't show anything. For example if I search 'Steam' a program that exist in the OS, it will find nothing. I also noticed that it doesn't search files that aren't inside the OS drive. (A song on another HDD) Did...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886