Windows 10: Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

Discus and support Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have downloaded onto my computer Canon EOS Utility 3. It shows up in the programs and features but is not there in the start up menu. I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by madeleinewinston, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

I have downloaded onto my computer Canon EOS Utility 3. It shows up in the programs and features but is not there in the start up menu. I created a link to the desktop from C:\Program Files x86\Canon\EOS Utility\EU3 but the link doesn't work either.

I have been in touch with Canon who have spent a number of hours looknig at the problem and said the problem is with Windows and not from Canon end of things.

I tested the download from Canon on another PC and it works fine.

It also works on a Mac Pro - it is just the computer I need it to work on that it is failing.

The computer is a Dell and is 7 weeks old.

The previous hardware and software was transferred directly from the old Dell to the new Dell and I gather from the experts I have called in to assist with the problem that the person who did the new installation failed to update. I was so badly let down by the people who did the installation originally that I absolutely do not want to go back to them.

I have so far paid two computer companies to right the numerous problems that I have experienced since purchasing the computer and none of the repairs seem to last including the problem above which has now become somewhat urgent.

Two health checks on the computer have confirmed that the hardware is all working well.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to next steps.

:)

madeleinewinston, Dec 5, 2020

2. Computer is failing to upgrade

Hi Michelle,

Most of the time, failed Windows updates occur due to damaged Windows updates component or third-party programs that prevents your computer to install the updates. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the updates failed to install?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows updates and try installing it again. For your reference, check this article on where to download and run the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 5, 2020
  3. How to find program on computer?

I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page in Settings.

It's Logitech SetPoint 6.69. I used it when I installed it and want to make changes but I can't find it in the Cortina search function.

It's also listed on the "Uninstall or Change a program" page in Programs and Features. The computer can't find it by searching for it, so how do I access it?

Any suggestions, please?

Larry

larrydonline, Dec 5, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

1. Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer - Similar Threads - Program failing Computer

2. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  3. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.: Multiple people are experiencing an issue where we pair their phone with their laptop for Windows Hello and dynamic lock recognizes the device. A day or more later, dynamic lock stops recognizing the device, but the Bluetooth settings on the laptop still show the device being...
  4. Dynamic Lock fails, even though computer is connected to the device, Windows Hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.: Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using install disk-Microsoft account -Rebooting multiple times& the other Troubleshoot solutions did not work for me since it still...
  6. Turned computer off, failing to boot even to the loading animation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turned computer off, failing to boot even to the loading animation: I have a desktop computer made for gaming, and after the recent Windows update, I can't log into my comouter at all, since I'm stuck on a black screen. I have two monitors, my left one always stuck on a blank on screen, while my right monitor fails to get a signal. I can...
  7. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  8. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  9. Programs failing to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs failing to load: Hello, I am helping my roommate troubleshoot his windows 10 rig. It has many programs that fail to load (nothing more that a busy cursor). I am a Linux guy using the Linux command line you can launch a program via the CLI and watch a verbose display of what the application is...
  10. Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't: So this mouse uses its own USB dongle. When it is plugged, both Mouse compatible with HID technology and Combined USB device appear in the Device manager. I've set Allow waking computer to False for Mouse to prevent it from waking my laptop, but it is still happening. The...