Windows 10: Program file wont maximize

Discus and support Program file wont maximize in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft surface running windows 10. While playing a game full screen, I moved the laptop, and the screen rotated. Now I am stuck with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricF31, May 1, 2019.

1. EricF31 Win User

Program file wont maximize

I have a Microsoft surface running windows 10.
    While playing a game full screen, I moved the laptop, and the screen rotated. Now I am stuck with the program unable to maximize.

The maximize button is greyed out.
    I have tried....
    Turing off tablet mode
    right click to maximize.
    Opening task manager to maximize, greyed out there as well
    Restatting the computer
    Updating the computer
    Cascade windows.

Nothing seems to help... the program was running fine, now this.

Can anyone help maximize this program?

:)

EricF31, May 1, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, May 1, 2019
  4. CalebGroh Win User

videos wont maximize

I've been going through an online course which includes videos to watch. For weeks the maximize arrows worked fine. I click on them and the video goes full screen. Now, for no apparent reason, it wont work. I click to maximize the video and nothing happens.
    Ive tried multiple things and nothing has worked

CalebGroh, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Program file wont maximize - Similar Threads - Program file wont

2. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  5. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  6. How to start programs maximized

7. taskbar / apps wont maximize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar / apps wont maximize: I have a new Windows 11 machine. Two apps, Edge and Word will not maximize, they only stay minimized in the task bar. I can open multiple instances of each, but the windows will never "launch" onto the main screen. Any suggestions?...
  8. taskbar / apps wont maximize

taskbar / apps wont maximize: I have a new Windows 11 machine. Two apps, Edge and Word will not maximize, they only stay minimized in the task bar. I can open multiple instances of each, but the windows will never "launch" onto the main screen. Any suggestions?...
  9. Program will only maximize to main screen???

Program will only maximize to main screen???: I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side...
  10. windows 10 wont maximize back the games :(

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 wont maximize back the games :(: hi, i just updated os from w7 to w10 and the games are not maximizing back if i minimize to desktop..., i have to close the games and lunch again.., any help? 43147