Windows 10: Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File

Discus and support Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To say that Windows 10 is driving me crazy would be an understatement. Here's the latest problem: Program files (for instance, Winaero, are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lindalouk, Dec 3, 2019.

1. lindalouk Win User

Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File

To say that Windows 10 is driving me crazy would be an understatement. Here's the latest problem:

Program files (for instance, Winaero, are being saved to the Documents file. So are Windows Metrics. So is just about anything! What the heck? It seems I have no control over this. They just end up there.

I want my Program files, whether or not they are from Microsoft, to go into the Programs folder. And I want them to show up in the Start Menu, which, with rare exceptions, they do not.

And how do I get program files that are currently in Docs file to Programs file? Can I just move them there?

Why on earth would MS change this in Windows 10? It is absurd. I am ready to just go back to Win 7.

Thank you for your help.

:)

lindalouk, Dec 3, 2019
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Dec 3, 2019
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File - Similar Threads - Program Files Are

2. Current Document Files automatically being sent to the Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Current Document Files automatically being sent to the Bin: My current Document files are going to the Bin automatically, I try to restore but this does not work. I am now saving my Documents onto a USB Stick as I am finding re-entering my information is becoming very stressfull. Could it be because I signed up for the 365...
  3. Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs creating unwanted files in "Documents": I have recently bought a MSI laptop and I have been facing a few problems. Some of the programs I have on my computer MATLAB, Aspen HYSYS, Custom Office Templates... are creating files on my "Documents" file. I don't want those files, and they become very annoying, bacause if...
  4. Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places

Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places: This should be simple but I can't solve it. Trying to move several folders into one master file, then merge several master files together. i.e. A, B, C into G DEF into H and then G, H into J...
  5. Placing pictures in a "file"?

Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...
  6. Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder: My Documents are not on the C drive but on another internal HD. My C drive is regularly backed up using Macrium but I have for some years been backing up my Documents folder with a frequent incremental backup. This checks the difference between the Documents folder and the...
  7. Desktop Shortcuts & Files Not Being Placed at End of Grid/Column

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcuts & Files Not Being Placed at End of Grid/Column: Normally I download things to the desktop for easy access, but for the past few weeks I've been having this issue where every so often a file I save to the desktop will appear in the "middle" of the first left most column of shortcut icons. This then shifts all icons below it...
  8. Programs unable to save files in my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs unable to save files in my documents: Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it. The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to...
  9. Placing a file in the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing a file in the TaskBar: In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down. Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar?...
  10. Placing Files in Sequence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Placing Files in Sequence: Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on? Or how can I...