Windows 10: program Files directory problem

Discus and support program Files directory problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Sir ...... one month month before i have changed my windows instrallation file directory through registry from C drive to D drive. after that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FahadCTG, Jul 17, 2018.

1. FahadCTG Win User

program Files directory problem

Hello Sir ...... one month month before i have changed my windows instrallation file directory through registry from C drive to D drive. after that i cant update my pc. now i want to go back to the previous file instrallation directory D to C drive........ but when i go to the Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion i cant found any program files option to change it again. there is only the default option ...... what to do now ???? thank u

:)

FahadCTG, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Jul 17, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User
Thema:

program Files directory problem

1. program Files directory problem - Similar Threads - program Files directory

2. Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...: I have a serious problem to store my files to the directory in Windows 10 and I also have the known problem issue and you can have a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku-jsZ7HvfA and you can view what is my problem. Basically I am not able to safe the files in the...
  3. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem: recently i have this problem: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when i want to open my apps it appears but when i run them bu administrator thay open with out any problem i also tried disk checking buy comment prompt and still have the problem please...
  4. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  5. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  6. Program Files Directory W10

Program Files Directory W10: Hello The C Dr. on my one year old Dell laptop is too full to download new programs. The laptop is only used for my work as a musician but the programs I do use are quite large. I followed instructions from another thread in this forum to change the program files...
  7. Installing software - cannot write to Program Files directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing software - cannot write to Program Files directory: Trying to install a .jar program. At the installation path selection stage I get the message 'This directory can not be written! Please choose another directory!' when I try and proceed. (This is when saving in Program Files. Googling has led me to believe it is something...
  8. Problem using directory / file system

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem using directory / file system: Can someone help me with this --- I am at the stage where I am forgetting things I used to know years ago and am getting in a muddle with the Windows Directory / Folders and File System. You can see from the Snip below, two views of the same page from Explorer taken at the...
  9. Can not change files or programs directory.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change files or programs directory.: Let me explain. I upgraded to windows 10 flawlessly. I want to change my .txt document to open with Notepad++ for coding. But every time I click properties>change Nothing pops up. Does anybody know a workaround or a fix? I need to get to work.*cry What I mean > ​Screenshot -...
  10. Directory file problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file problem: Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and...