Windows 10: Program Files Directory W10

Discus and support Program Files Directory W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello The C Dr. on my one year old Dell laptop is too full to download new programs. The laptop is only used for my work as a musician but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeWalsh2, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Program Files Directory W10

Hello

The C Dr. on my one year old Dell laptop is too full to download new programs. The laptop is only used for my work as a musician but the programs I do use are quite large. I followed instructions from another thread in this forum to change the program files directory location from C to D. It didn’t work and neither can I change it back. Indeed, when I look at the “current version” folder in Regedit, thr files directory is now set at X. It disregards any attempt to change the file location from X to C or D, appearing to change back to X on restart. I really don’t want to do a system restore and have been struggling with this problem for a day now, I am obviously missing something and would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Mike

:)

MikeWalsh2, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Nov 28, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User
Thema:

Program Files Directory W10

1. Program Files Directory W10 - Similar Threads - Program Files Directory

2. File Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  3. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  4. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  5. W10 Themes replaced with Image file directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Themes replaced with Image file directory: Periodically, while processing a set of image files with Adobe Photoshop, my designated Windows 10 Theme will be automatically replaced by a Background image or slideshow, usually drawn from the image files directory where I am working. As I work with book and manuscript...
  6. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  7. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  8. program Files directory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program Files directory problem: Hello Sir ...... one month month before i have changed my windows instrallation file directory through registry from C drive to D drive. after that i cant update my pc. now i want to go back to the previous file instrallation directory D to C drive........ but when i go to...
  9. Installing software - cannot write to Program Files directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing software - cannot write to Program Files directory: Trying to install a .jar program. At the installation path selection stage I get the message 'This directory can not be written! Please choose another directory!' when I try and proceed. (This is when saving in Program Files. Googling has led me to believe it is something...
  10. Can not change files or programs directory.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change files or programs directory.: Let me explain. I upgraded to windows 10 flawlessly. I want to change my .txt document to open with Notepad++ for coding. But every time I click properties>change Nothing pops up. Does anybody know a workaround or a fix? I need to get to work.*cry What I mean > ​Screenshot -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program files directory