Windows 10: Program Files folders not listed in Dir

Discus and support Program Files folders not listed in Dir in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot "CD\Window\Program Files" from a administrator command prompt and if I do a "Dir", "Programs Files" and "Program Files (86)" are not listed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Aug 28, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Program Files folders not listed in Dir

I cannot "CD\Window\Program Files" from a administrator command prompt and if I do a "Dir", "Programs Files" and "Program Files (86)" are not listed. I have a folder that I want to change the attributes on and can't do it because I don't have access to the parent folder.

Another thing is that I can't change ownership of "Program Files" from "TrustedInstaller".

:)

rdwray, Aug 28, 2018

2. DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.

Is there a way with DIR command line via CMD or power shell to list the contents of a directory but exclude the contents of the folders and generate a a bare list(location name only). Just list the files and folders?

ZippyDSMlee, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.

In a Command Prompt window type dir /? [note the space] to get a list of switches you can use. I frequently use dir /o/s>dir.txt to get an Organized list of files and subFolders redirected to a dir.txt file in that Folder. Leave off the >dir.txt is only wanting a list on the screen but could use /p to pause it a screenful at a time.

Berton, Aug 28, 2018
  4. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Program Files folders not listed in Dir - Similar Threads - Program Files folders

2. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  3. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  4. "dir" output file list encoding is wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    "dir" output file list encoding is wrong: I inherited some 20,000 .jpg files which wound their way from a French language version Windows 10 to Picasa, and then downloaded several times into different folders which created several copies of the same images. (A total of 196 sub folders, but the contents and folder...
  5. Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir

Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir: I have been using Q-Dir for years. This is a dual-pane file manager.For the last 2 months I have been having problems dragging files and or folders from one pane to another. When I do so, Q-Dir suddenly closes. But I can copy files and folders to Windows File Explorer. Is...
  6. File Listing in Folders

File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  7. List folder files.

List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  8. list file folders by size

list file folders by size: The suggestion of typing in size just does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-file-folders-by-size/0d2ff370-1f7e-4ade-a118-b553a9ab303e
  9. DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.

in Windows 10 Support
    DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.: Is there a way with DIR command line via CMD or power shell to list the contents of a directory but exclude the contents of the folders and generate a a bare list(location name only). Just list the files and folders? 77487
  10. Make list of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Make list of files in a folder: Hello,I have several hundreds video clips (mp4), arranged in several folders.Wanted to make a list of them, not to print, just a list in the computer.On some site I found this: To write in the address line of the browser the full path to thatfolder and Enter, the list was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dir program files files not found