Windows 10: Program files older than my Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Program files older than my Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found this to be very odd, i done a clean install of windows 10 pro from my usb drive that i made while back. i reinstalled a fresh copy on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthew88166, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Program files older than my Windows 10 installation

I found this to be very odd, i done a clean install of windows 10 pro from my usb drive that i made while back. i reinstalled a fresh copy on my machine Dec 30. here is the catch, i was in my C drive and seen my personal programs had different dates on them back when i first installed them on my machine before i clean installed.Program files older than my Windows 10 installation [​IMG] Program files older than my Windows 10 installation 4b5b28c9-8461-44f3-a575-32ac18c05640?upload=true.png Program files older than my Windows 10 installation 1b5ded1b-cdaa-4301-b178-3d9095cb6f60?upload=true.png

:)

Matthew88166, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Older program not working after installing KB3163018 update on Windows 10.

Hi Fritz,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program with the update installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, which is the “older program” you are referring to in the above description?

I suggest you to install the program in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file downloaded/saved on the PC and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of compatibility of the older program installed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Program files older than my Windows 10 installation

Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Program files older than my Windows 10 installation

1. Program files older than my Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Program files older

2. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  3. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  4. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a command or program to delete files older than a specified range: I tried to use ForCommand, but for some reason, want it does not seem to work. I need it to work over the LAN, I want to delete all video files from my CCTV system over 30 days old, as I back all of them up to an external HDD and the cloud, so I do not need to keep them on...
  6. Found a strange file in my computer that is older than my computer is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found a strange file in my computer that is older than my computer is?: I just got a new LG Gram 2 in 1 laptop. It's release date is 2021. I was browsing the C drive and found this weird file called keys_with_questionmarks... and apparently its a MUSTACHE file?? Here's a screenshot of what shows up when I open it in notepad. What is a MUSTACHE...
  7. Found a strange file in my computer that is older than my computer is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found a strange file in my computer that is older than my computer is?: I just got a new LG Gram 2 in 1 laptop. It's release date is 2021. I was browsing the C drive and found this weird file called keys_with_questionmarks... and apparently its a MUSTACHE file?? Here's a screenshot of what shows up when I open it in notepad. What is a MUSTACHE...
  8. The older Version of Windows 10 is Better Than the last

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The older Version of Windows 10 is Better Than the last: When I used windows 10 at the beginning of Win10 Versions it was having a better Defender than the last few Months Upgrades I mean when the defender is an application, not in settings. it was stronger but now a lot of bugs and weaker, now when it catches a virus it...
  9. Older Programs Working On Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Older Programs Working On Windows 10: Will an older version of Photoscape work on Windows 10, without messing Windows 10 up? It's the only version that I'm use to. I tried Photoscape X, but I cannot use it, because it doesn't have the features that I'm use to. When I bring the older version of Photoscape up, it...
  10. Older programs appear bolder than they used to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older programs appear bolder than they used to...: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...