Windows 10: Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Discus and support Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Forum, i am currently experiencing a security issue with my Program Files86 that is a bit bothersome. Recently i reinstalled two machines with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cbraafhart, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Dear Forum,

i am currently experiencing a security issue with my Program Files86 that is a bit bothersome. Recently i reinstalled two machines with the help of MDT and updating goes via WSUS. All our current machines are domain joined and we are in the process of migrating to Windows Server 2019. We are currently on Windows Server 2K8R2.

I have had it with 1 user with an old configuration and 2 new freshly installed computer that from on day to the other my program files86 folder rights and permissions are not correct. The Current owner is the Hostname\Administrators, i think thats the group, Integrity level is set on High Mandatory level, and the 3 Permissions entries that i see are, System, Administrators and Users.

I can not install 32 bit applications any more, i can't change the owner of the folder nor can i add new entries to the permissions list. I have tried to rebuild my ACL i have tried retaking ownership. but without any success.

We are deploying group policies within our organization but i am unaware that and if a group policy has the ability to rewrite and revoke folders that are protected by microsoft's Windows Resource Protection WRP.

Any ideas for what could be causing this?. A laptop effected by this problem was reinstalled last Friday, and by today the permissions have been revoked.

Forgot to mention:

OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner 36416ede-f23d-49ab-bed4-d42feb077973?upload=true.png

:)

cbraafhart, Mar 25, 2020

2. Evga Step up program? Wrong address

*Roll Eyes Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner :rolleyes:hi i put my 8800GTS in for the Step up program and my address was wrong do i just email them or cancel it and start it again bacuase the postage price is to low

Live OR Die, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

1. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner - Similar Threads - Program Filesx86 Wrong

2. Windows Defender wrongly detect the program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender wrongly detect the program: I work for a cyber security company. Our program keeps being detected by Windows Defender. For that reason, we submit the file through the URL below and hope it would be whitelisted in Defender. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission The Submission result...
  3. Change of owner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  4. Issue in opening Program in wrong version.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue in opening Program in wrong version.: ho2.exe is a c# program I wrote (VS 2017 Community), at the moment installed in version 1.6 . Months ago, when it was version 1.1, I associated the extension .ho2pro with this program. Now, when I double click a file *.ho2pro, ho2.exe starts, but with the old version 1.1 ....
  5. keyboard opens wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...
  6. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"
  7. wrong program used for downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong program used for downloads: down loaded some programs and accidently Adobe was chosen, tried fixing in registry but would not work, so cant download any files on this PC that need to be opened, and if you select the program to open file it wont work!...
  8. Installed programs - wrong install dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  9. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  10. Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated with the wrong program: I had Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). When Windows 10 upgraded, it installed the 32-bit system. Why? And how can I get that fixed? 25923