Windows 10: Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Discus and support Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Forum, i am currently experiencing a security issue with my Program Files86 that is a bit bothersome. Recently i reinstalled two machines with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cbraafhart, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Dear Forum,

i am currently experiencing a security issue with my Program Files86 that is a bit bothersome. Recently i reinstalled two machines with the help of MDT and updating goes via WSUS. All our current machines are domain joined and we are in the process of migrating to Windows Server 2019. We are currently on Windows Server 2K8R2.

I have had it with 1 user with an old configuration and 2 new freshly installed computer that from on day to the other my program files86 folder rights and permissions are not correct. The Current owner is the Hostname\Administrators, i think thats the group, Integrity level is set on High Mandatory level, and the 3 Permissions entries that i see are, System, Administrators and Users.

I can not install 32 bit applications any more, i can't change the owner of the folder nor can i add new entries to the permissions list. I have tried to rebuild my ACL i have tried retaking ownership. but without any success.

We are deploying group policies within our organization but i am unaware that and if a group policy has the ability to rewrite and revoke folders that are protected by microsoft's Windows Resource Protection WRP.

Any ideas for what could be causing this?. A laptop effected by this problem was reinstalled last Friday, and by today the permissions have been revoked.

Forgot to mention:

OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner 36416ede-f23d-49ab-bed4-d42feb077973?upload=true.png

:)

cbraafhart, Mar 25, 2020

2. Evga Step up program? Wrong address

*Roll Eyes Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner :rolleyes:hi i put my 8800GTS in for the Step up program and my address was wrong do i just email them or cancel it and start it again bacuase the postage price is to low

Live OR Die, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner

1. Program Filesx86 Wrong Owner - Similar Threads - Program Filesx86 Wrong

2. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder: it used to work but when i try it it wont move to the folder example: i downloaded an mod that requires me to move an folder from the program filesx86 but when i tried it it wont move even tho i am using the administrator acc tried move to and copy to it wont work...
  3. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder: it used to work but when i try it it wont move to the folder example: i downloaded an mod that requires me to move an folder from the program filesx86 but when i tried it it wont move even tho i am using the administrator acc tried move to and copy to it wont work...
  4. i cant move and copy files to the program filesx86 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\Netgear\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\Netgear\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe": "Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\NETGEAR\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe""The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."The above popup appears every time I start my PC and I...
  6. Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\Netgear\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\Netgear\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe": "Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\NETGEAR\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe""The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."The above popup appears every time I start my PC and I...
  7. Runtime Error "Program: C:\Program Filesx86\Netgear\WNDA3100\WNDA3100.exe"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. please help my program filesx86 folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    please help my program filesx86 folder dissapeared: half my desktop icons are now blank documents and dont work anymore i dont know how this happened please help submitted by /u/Rathspe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpzq8n/please_help_my_program_filesx86_folder_dissapeared/
  9. What is the default OWNER of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the default OWNER of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: I accident took Ownership with my account . What is the default so I can set it back?? My steps: Properties of WindowsApps Security tab Advanced Where it shows "Owner: unable to display current owner." CHANGE <----- I clicked change and changed it to my admin...
  10. keyboard opens wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...