Windows 10: Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

Discus and support Program folders not appearing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Belardo, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Belardo Win User

Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m looking for are still not showing up though. I also ran a system file checker with the command prompt, which still did not fix the issue.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Belardo, Apr 6, 2022

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 6, 2022
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Summer203 Win User

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Program folders appearing

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  6. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  7. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  8. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  9. Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer

Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer: In windows 10 the 6 folders that appear under thisPC is not showing, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders-that-appear-under-thispc-in-file/b5020674-2475-434b-b8a0-7d35a0ff88c2
  10. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....