Windows 10: Program for sizing desktop backgrounds

Discus and support Program for sizing desktop backgrounds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 offers 6 ways of handling the size and proportions of your desktop background, but not the one that I want and which, I think, is the common... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Dimitri Win User

Program for sizing desktop backgrounds

Windows 10 offers 6 ways of handling the size and proportions of your desktop background, but not the one that I want and which, I think, is the common sense option, which is this:

If the image is larger than your screen shrink it to fit while maintaining aspect ratio, if the image is smaller, center it and don't enlarge.

Is there some program that can do that?

Dimitri, Sep 29, 2018

2. change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Program for sizing desktop backgrounds

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Program for sizing desktop backgrounds

1. Program for sizing desktop backgrounds - Similar Threads - Program sizing desktop

2. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  3. desktop background

desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  4. desktop background

desktop background: How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/b4ad2c56-14e3-4004-bcb4-b780fc75c0bd
  5. desktop size

desktop size: I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default. For me it is very usefull. But with it there is one thing very annoing. Almost never apps...
  6. Background programes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background programes: How do i stop unwanted programs running in the background. they take up memory and CPU space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-programes/f91252cb-7615-443d-aa72-fdd2c7690a7e
  7. desktop size

desktop size: I have a new Dell Inspiron 3670 running Windows 10. I've noticed that whatever is on my screen is about 1/4 inch too large for the screen so that the scroll bars are off the screen to the right. They can be accessed if I happen to hit just the right spot, bit is hit and miss....
  8. Background programs

Background programs: Programs disapear in task manager. When I return to my laptop after 10 mins or so the cpu is almost always 100% even though the laptop is idle. When I open task manager to have a look it briefly shows a couple of tasks running with high cpu but then they very quickly...
  9. background programs

background programs: When I open my task manager, under the "Services" tab, I have a lot of programs (116) that are "running" in the background. Under the "Processes" tab I have 92 Windows Processes and 77 Background Processes. My system moves very, very slow and I'm thinking that this may be...
  10. reduce picture size on background

reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973