Windows 10: Program game forcing resolution.

Discus and support Program game forcing resolution. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I've been having this problem for a long time and I haven't been able to find a fix for it neither do i know when it started, thus I'll go straight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ŚÁŃĎVĨČĤ, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Program game forcing resolution.

So, I've been having this problem for a long time and I haven't been able to find a fix for it neither do i know when it started, thus I'll go straight to the point: When I launch CS:GO it forces my resolution to 4:3 and i have to manually change it to 16:9, even with having set a desired resolution in the launch options for the game it just sets it right back.

:)

ŚÁŃĎVĨČĤ, Jan 16, 2020

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Program game forcing resolution.

Windows 10 low resolution in program

Hi Xiyuan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Is your system up to date?
    Install if there are nay pending updates through Windows updates before performing below step.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X
      and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Program game forcing resolution.

1. Program game forcing resolution. - Similar Threads - Program game forcing

2. Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?: Please undo whatever was changed in the last Windows update.All my favourite games are ruined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-win11-forcing-old-games-to-play-in-640x480/40f0e3a1-7935-4a87-be74-87504b87bb07
  3. Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?: Please undo whatever was changed in the last Windows update.All my favourite games are ruined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-win11-forcing-old-games-to-play-in-640x480/40f0e3a1-7935-4a87-be74-87504b87bb07
  4. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  5. Program Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program Resolution: I'm having an issue with a specific program that will not run in full screen mode. I've tried going into the properties on the program changing the high DPI settings changing the color profile and changing Windows overall resolution to try to get it to work and no matter what...
  6. Force old game resolution to 16:9

Force old game resolution to 16:9: There's this old game called Hamsterball that only works with the compatibility mode configuration. It used to work in windows 8 just fine but now it only launches in a 4:3 aspect ratio, regardless of the in game settings that set it to 16:9. Is there any way to force...
  7. Changing the resolution of a program

Changing the resolution of a program: So is there any way to change the resolution of a program before startup? My monitor is 1360x768 and when I run the program it says out of range and alt+enter doesnt work. So can you tell me a solution or a program to help me? submitted by /u/TheMathKing55 [link]...
  8. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?: So I lately discovered that Japanese game makers adopted an amazing trend in their games that is sometimes referred to as Resolution Scaling and sometimes as Under Scaling , the trend copies from Anti-aliasing but inversely , so instead of rendering at double+ res then...
  9. Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Resolution and Refresh Rate: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate? 97581
  10. Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting: Hi all! I've got a lab of about 50 computers, all of which are the newer 5K iMacs. They're all set up to dual-boot into Windows 10, but nobody boots into the OS X side. The hardware is great, but the resolution is a bit of a problem. I have all the drivers installed and...