Windows 10: Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app

Discus and support Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set Visual Studio Code as my default code editor, as well as xnviewmp as the default photo viewer. But both of them, as well as a whole lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David H J, Jun 28, 2020.

1. David H J Win User

Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app

I want to set Visual Studio Code as my default code editor, as well as xnviewmp as the default photo viewer. But both of them, as well as a whole lot of others, don't show up in Default Apps. How can I make them showing up under Default apps?

:)

David H J, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.

Okay so it does

Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app [​IMG]

Control Panel then switch view to small icons.

Click Default Programs > Associate a file type with a program.
    fFnd file types already associated to whatever your default browser is and change them.

Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app [​IMG]

If FF does not appear in the list choose "More Apps> Look for an app on this PC" the n browse to firefox.exe

Callender, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.

Hello all...

There have a whole host of this type of question registered in the past. But this one - my case - has thrown me for a loop.

I've been trying to select Firefox as my default Windows 10 browser program (I used to be able to do it) - but something has happened as a result of the last Windows update that changed everything.

Now my Default Program window (drop down list) does not show some of the programs I've chosen as Default in the past.

For example, even though the Default Pograms list for Browser does not show Firefox in the drop down window, I then went into the link below it that shows "Choose Default Apps by File Type."

While there I changed HTM and HTML to Firefox. Normally, this would result in the program then showing up under default apps - but now it doesn't. I also changed two other settings to Firefox in the "Choose Default Apps by File Type" section, but that doesn't do it either.

So what occurs now is that whenever I click on a link - let's say it's in an email - it wants to bring up the Edge browser.

Are there any other areas within Windows 10 where I can make adjustments to ensure that the program(s) I want to set as default - i.e. like in the browser section - will show up in the drop down list?

benherrmann, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.

@benherrmann

You can't get to where you need to be from here:

You need to paste: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966} -Microsoft.DefaultPrograms\pageDefaultProgram into a Run box to get here:

Then it'll show up here:

Edwin, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app - Similar Threads - Program set default

2. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  3. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  4. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...
  5. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  6. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  7. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  8. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...
  9. Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting

Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting: I have read a lot of posted articles using Google search, but none of them are quite the problem I am experiencing. My hardware is an ASUS Transformer T100TAM. It came with Win 10, but husband installed our registered Win7 in order to get the free Win10 upgrade. When I...
  10. Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.

Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.: Hello all... There have a whole host of this type of question registered in the past. But this one - my case - has thrown me for a loop. I've been trying to select Firefox as my default Windows 10 browser program (I used to be able to do it) - but something has happened...