Windows 10: Program icon on the desktop

Discus and support Program icon on the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to add program icons on the desktop. I have a PC running Windows 10. How can I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrandonLardieri, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Program icon on the desktop

I want to add program icons on the desktop. I have a PC running Windows 10. How can I do this?

:)

BrandonLardieri, Apr 30, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Program icon on the desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Program icon on the desktop

1. Program icon on the desktop - Similar Threads - Program icon desktop

2. Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be application icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be application icons?: Desktop: HP / Win Version 1909 (this has been installed for a good while now. No issues I know) Had to shorten the Thread Subject: I have recently installed several programs that when installed they threw an icon on the desktop that is not a shortcut. It is an application...
  3. Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why? Desktop icons 4 installed programs must be applicatioin icons?: Desktop: HP / Win Version 1909 (this has been installed for a good while now. No issues I know) Had to shorten the Thread Subject: I have recently installed several programs that when installed they threw an icon on the desktop that is not a shortcut. It is an application...
  4. Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD. In...
  5. Icons on my desktop won't activate the program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on my desktop won't activate the program.: Icons on my desktop won't activate the program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-my-desktop-wont-activate-the-program/756328f1-facf-4594-9ba0-ff1bb3a1a9c6
  6. Unable to delete desktop icons without deleting programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete desktop icons without deleting programs: When I try to delete desktop shortcuts to programs Windows 10 tries to delete the actual program. In addition, the shortcuts only appear on the desktop, but do not appear in the desktop folder in Explorer. How do I get rid/delete/unpin these shortcuts without deleting the...
  7. add program icon to desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    add program icon to desktop Windows 10: how to add program icons to desktop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-program-icon-to-desktop-windows-10/a16825c2-2b65-41f9-8858-96a00e282bbd
  8. Blurry app icons on desktop, program icons fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry app icons on desktop, program icons fine: So I'm having this strange problem for a while now, so can't say when it started really. This is on one of my daughter's computer. She has a mix of app icons and program icons on her desktop, but for some reason all app icons are very blurry, as you can see in the attachment....
  9. Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs: Hi there Sometimes you might like to have a desktop icon (like Windows) for running an application instead of a generic one. For example - This works on a KDE desktop but similar for GNOME etc - say you want to run an application you've downloaded from the net --I'll...
  10. Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!: I had an issue with Firefox where if I clicked the Taskbar icon, the program would not show on the desktop. HOWEVER, if you hover over the icon, it showed what it would look like if it were expanded. I restarted it in safe mode and got it to work again. Just now WORD is...