Windows 10: Program icon randomly changing to White icons.

Discus and support Program icon randomly changing to White icons. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some of my program shortcuts have changed to white file icon pictures. the shortcut still works just fine but they just missing the icon... when i load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by l3izz, Oct 10, 2015.

1. l3izz Win User

Program icon randomly changing to White icons.

Some of my program shortcuts have changed to white file icon pictures. the shortcut still works just fine but they just missing the icon... when i load a new icon in the place of the old one i get a little shield on half the icon... no idea what that is ether. Ive had this problem before with one shortcut but now it some how fixed it self. i have no idea what this is from or why its doing this.

:)

l3izz, Oct 10, 2015
  2. Penn59 Win User

How do I change Taskbar Icon picture

Recently one of my Icons that shows on the Taskbar when the application is open has changed to an icon that is a white page instead of the program icon. How do I change that to the correct icon. I am using Win 10

Penn59, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Opened program indication

When you have an opened program, there is a white line below the opened program icon in the taskbar, is it possible to move this white line above the icon ?

StraightWorld, Oct 10, 2015
  4. l3izz Win User

I just re-download all the programs and installed them again.. icon where 100% there one i moved them into doc folder. after closing the folder and reopening it i lost the icons again... here a pic to help.

Program icon  randomly changing to White icons. [​IMG]

No idea why they are missing but each one of the icon has a that UAC shield on them if that helps at all.

l3izz, Oct 13, 2015
  5. l3izz Win User
    Bump. had this problem for a while now... did i clean reinstall of all apps and windows... still came back. any idea?

l3izz, Apr 14, 2017
  6. EliteData Win User
    EliteData, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Program icon randomly changing to White icons. - Similar Threads - Program icon randomly

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. Icons randomly change sizes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons randomly change sizes.: I have my desktop icons set to Large and all of the programs / shortcuts have 256x256 icons. They all appeared as large icons until a couple of days ago when a game I was playing crashed. After that about half the icons had reverted to a smaller size, this has also happened...
  4. White icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White icons: Hi all, haven't been around for yonks. The reason?? After canning W10 for ages and sticking with W7 for as long as possible, I capitulated and went all W-tenny a couple of years back, have had only a few hiccups and surprise, surprise, have grown to like it......like, not...
  5. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  6. My programs icons changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    My programs icons changed: Hello, yesterday when I was doing a complete scan with my antivirus (AVG) but I had to cancel it because it was time to sleep and I'm not able to let the pc on all the night so I did a cancel and restart the pc to make sure all was ok because I did too much things with the pc...
  7. White icon folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White icon folders: To solve this: Go to this PC and locate local disc (C) , Right click on it, > Locate properties > Mark all items in Disk clean and then clean. After it will go back to normal.. Thanks 139700
  8. White Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White Icons: Hi. I got a issue with my pc, after today released update, games icon became white. Things were like this, firstly i got update today in the morning and i didi restart as how should it be and then everything were perfectly fine. I turn off pc and after couple of hours when i...
  9. icons changing to white and empty

in Windows 10 Support
    icons changing to white and empty: I made some shortcuts of my Microsoftgames/store/photos etc. to the desktop , they are ok and stay ok . But when placing these icons ( they are all blue) to an other folder ,they chance to empty white icon ! What can we do to restore these icons , and keep them as they...
  10. White Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White Icons: Forgive me girls and boys if I am in the wrong section for desktop issues. My brother has recently installed Windows 10 and has one annoying issue; all of the desktop icon shortcuts that pertain to Windows apps are fine but the ones that are url shortcuts are white; as if...