Windows 10: Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

Discus and support Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. So I have a weird problem. I have a "Games" folder on my Dektop. It's where I keep my games, shocking, I know. For some reason the isons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joyeus1992, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

Hi everyone. So I have a weird problem. I have a "Games" folder on my Dektop. It's where I keep my games, shocking, I know. For some reason the isons constantly disappear. Sometimes I set custom icons if I don't like the looks of a default icon, it just helps me identify things faster. It happens to the custom icons sometimes too. But that's an easy fix cause I just have them all saved in a folder. I can just go through "properties" and reset the icon. That seems to fix it for a while, but eventually they'll disappear again. Fixing the default icons is much harder. I can't always find where the icon file is stored. So I've been setting custom icons for those too. But sometimes, especially for lesser-known games, there's not always a decent or even usable icon available. At first I thought this was happening because they were in a folder and maybe there was something wrong with the scaling or formatting or something. I don't know if this sounds stupid or not, I know very little about how images are stored and used on a PC. But it happens to programs that are on the desktop too, although much less frequently. I've linked a screenshot to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Most recently it's happening to Monster Hunter World. If I delete the old shortcut, and create a new one from Steam, it hangs out for a while and vanishes again. If anyone could give me some advice or ideas on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. It's getting really old. Thanks in advanced.

https://imgur.com/a/BWJmQRE - Monster Hunter World Icon

:)

Joyeus1992, Mar 4, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Mar 4, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

1. Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing - Similar Threads - Program Icons Folder

2. Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar: I am noticing weird behaviour with the icons of open programmes. Sometimes icons disappear. In some cases, it will come back, but in most cases it will stay hidden untill i start the programm again or untill i reboot. You can still see that the programm is open, by the bar on...
  3. Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar: I am noticing weird behaviour with the icons of open programmes. Sometimes icons disappear. In some cases, it will come back, but in most cases it will stay hidden untill i start the programm again or untill i reboot. You can still see that the programm is open, by the bar on...
  4. Folder Icons in Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Icons in Programs: I need to Personalise these icons for "eye-location". Since Reinstalling, the Customise bit doesn't work, although it does in the Start Menu. Maybe something's changed in Permissions. Any help, please?...
  5. Folder Icons in Programs

Folder Icons in Programs: I need to Personalise these icons for "eye-location". Since Reinstalling, the Customise bit doesn't work, although it does in the Start Menu. Maybe something's changed in Permissions. Any help, please?...
  6. Folder Icons in Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently: I recently a few months ago found out that I can change the icons of folders. Seeing the potential usefulness of this I made my own custom icons by building vector icons in CorelDraw 2018, the graphic design software I use on a day to day basis. Ive spent a lot of time...
  8. Office 365 - Program Icons disappear

Office 365 - Program Icons disappear: I purchased Office 365 along a with a new computer a few months ago. Everything was working normally until a couple of days ago and the Office 365 taskbar icons disappeared (still there but the icons are gone). I searched for the Office programs in the search bar and could...
  9. Program shortcut icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut icons disappear: I have some folders on my desktop which contain shortcuts to often used programs. Some of these icons sometimes get lost (quite reliably after I reinstall Windows from scratch and newly create the folder that holds the shortcuts and the shortcuts themselves) and only a white...
  10. Icons and Folders Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Folders Disappear: This issue just happened twice in the last week. Did a search and there were very old threads related to this but none of the fixes worked. I image my C drive every other day so it only takes about 3 mins to restore, but that's not the point. All the icons on the desktop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 programs folder shortcuts disapear on profile load

2. games custom icons disappearing