Windows 10: Program Icons not right in search

Discus and support Program Icons not right in search in Cortana to solve the problem; I observed that icons of recently installed applications are not appearing when I search in start but are fine on the Start homepage screenshots to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by djay_ms, May 7, 2021.

1. djay_ms Win User

Program Icons not right in search

I observed that icons of recently installed applications are not appearing when I search in start but are fine on the Start homepage screenshots to refer . Its not happening with Windows apps ,those are fine. Tried all the stuff related to topic like changing icon scale, deleting iconcache and restarting, running search troubleshooter. Still not resolved.For reference VlC Media Player in sceenshots

:)

djay_ms, May 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, May 7, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, May 7, 2021
  4. Program Icons not right in search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Program Icons not right in search

1. Program Icons not right in search - Similar Threads - Program Icons right

2. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  3. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  4. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot right click on taskbar program icons: Windows 10, 22H2, build 19045.3324Of course, I have googled this and have found similar situations. I CAN right click on windows icon and the icons on the right part of the taskbar notif icon, time icon, network icon, etc.I CANNOT right click on pinned and open programs! I...
  6. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot right click on taskbar program icons: Windows 10, 22H2, build 19045.3324Of course, I have googled this and have found similar situations. I CAN right click on windows icon and the icons on the right part of the taskbar notif icon, time icon, network icon, etc.I CANNOT right click on pinned and open programs! I...
  7. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No icons showing up when searching for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No icons showing up when searching for programs: Hello! I'm Andreas and I've encountered a weird problem when searching for my applications after a normal restart of the system. For example, when I search for Steam, this is what I see: [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 Home 1909 version 18363.836. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Searching for programs in start menu gives default icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching for programs in start menu gives default icons: I just reset my PC last night because a recent windows update caused an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE loop (thanks Microsoft!). Now, after reinstalling everything, my icons look like this (https://imgur.com/fhwkjyQ). I've tried to clear the icon cache multiple times, restart,...
  10. Adobe programs don't have an icon in windows search

in Cortana
    Adobe programs don't have an icon in windows search: I mainly open photoshop or most adobe products through the windows search bar. But now when I try to look up photoshop on windows search, it has no icon. It's not just photoshop, but most adobe apps. I've been confused by this multiple times thinking it wasn't photoshop even...